• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to find a better way
    Aureus

oh, these wings, they flicker and my feathers stir
    'til I'm an ancient soul in a cascade world

“Nine?” he echoes, not able to keep the note of incredulity out of his voice. He very much doubts that his fathers would hate to have that many children. Both of them were doting, involved parents and although it was not easy for them to bear children together, he knows that they have never once considered it not worth it. He and his sisters had been raised in as loving of a home that he could possibly imagine.

But to more than double the size of them?

It was difficult to imagine.

Still, her description does not paint a kind picture of that kind of arrangement. He frowns, his velvet mouth pulling in the corners, a wrinkle in his brow. “I fear I would be the most boring in the group of you,” he says, the self-deprecation a little too serious to be taken for humor. He was not snobby or mean, but he was also not particularly fun. “I would have very much appreciated your fun though.” He’s not certain whether that’s a lie or not, but knowing how much he loves his sister makes it feel like the truth.

A shrug and a roll of his shoulders, as though trying to rid himself of the self-doubt that plagues him. For a second, he casts his glance toward the star that has been bouncing around his shoulder, craning his neck just a little to get a better look at her. Astrum gloats a little at the attention before rising up, casting her light on them a little more strongly. It teases a smile out of Aureus’ serious lips and he looks to Anuya.

“She’s showing off for you,” he muses. “I’ve never seen her do that before.”

and I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone
    I got a head like a turret with a mouth for a gun

Messages In This Thread
    trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 09-26-2020, 10:51 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 11-23-2020, 12:16 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-09-2020, 04:52 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 07:17 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-23-2020, 10:45 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 11:19 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-30-2020, 02:57 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-31-2020, 03:59 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 01-08-2021, 08:28 PM