• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to find a better way

“Oh, boring is fine. I could always find something to do with boredom.” She remarks, not noticing or caring about his self-deprecation. There needs to be some less-fun individuals in the world, Anuya wasn’t sure if she could take it if everyone was as fun as her. And she’d taking boring over mean any day.

Anuya assumes everyone has her same natural inclination to tell the truth so she takes his words about appreciating her fun at face value and does not question them. Some of her siblings had perfected the art of twisting the truth, giving pieces and riddles.

All of that just took too much energy for her, though, so Anuya kept it simple.

Her expression grows wistful as she thinks about the fun she used to have. “I wish I had my tricks here, I’d love to show you. I used to be able to shapeshift into a small bird and move things with my mind.” And she might have slipped into melancholy, wondering what kind of fae she was if she couldn’t do all the fun things associated with it, but Astrum moves and Anuya’s pale turquoise eyes follow the bouncing star. She’s smiling brightly when Aureus speaks again, commenting on his companion’s behaviour and her gaze flicks to him.

“Well, she has excellent taste.”

She punctuates this statement with a carefree wink before looking back to Astrum. Anuya wiggles her long ears at the ball of starlight and that bright smile softens. She didn't think it was possible, to feel this light here among another kind. And yet she's already so glad to have met this pair.

oh, I see stars rushing through my mind, colours have no time to fade
    oh, I found out there's another side where the sea and sky collide

artwork by Skellri

@[aureus]

Messages In This Thread
    trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 09-26-2020, 10:51 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 11-23-2020, 12:16 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-09-2020, 04:52 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 07:17 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-23-2020, 10:45 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 11:19 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-30-2020, 02:57 PM