• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  trying to find a better way
    Aureus

oh, these wings, they flicker and my feathers stir
    'til I'm an ancient soul in a cascade world

The conversation is easier when it is not focused on him, and he does not comment further on his lack of gifts. The fact that he emits a faint glow feels like the most pathetic of gifts and while he is forever grateful for the companionship of Astrum, he does not count it as a gift of his own creation. She is the one with magic, with presence, and he is merely the anchor that keeps her here on earth.

He does not think that is anything to be proud of.

So he just smiles at her kindness before turning his attention to her stories, trying to discern that which she tells him—imagining the worlds that she describes. It’s difficult, especially given his rather sheltered nature, to think of such things. Gods and lands. War and corruption. He had heard whisperings of such things in Beqanna, but they were always that—just stories. His life had always been quiet, uneventful.

He laughs a little as she gets to their current land and he shrugs.

“Strange is a kind way of putting it,” unaffected by the evaluation. There were days he had much unkinder thoughts about the world around them, although he did not have true cause to look down upon it. Beqanna had never wronged him in anyway, but that did not stop his fear of it, his aversion to it. It was a world he didn’t understand. That was enough for him to spurn him. Perhaps before it could spurn him.

“It is a world that can be many things to many people,” he hedges his answer slightly. “To my one father, it is a place to dream. To my other, it is a place to protect. To my sister, it is a place to explore.”

He pauses, unable to hide the frown that catches his mouth.

“And to me, I suppose, it has always been a place to avoid.”

and I'm quick with the bullet when it comes undone
    I got a head like a turret with a mouth for a gun

@[Anuya]

Messages In This Thread
    trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 09-26-2020, 10:51 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 11-23-2020, 12:16 AM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-09-2020, 04:52 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 07:17 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-23-2020, 10:45 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by aureus - 12-23-2020, 11:19 PM
    RE: trying to find a better way - by Anuya - 12-30-2020, 02:57 PM