• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  for all of the light that I shut out, Svedka

let my shadows prove the sunshine

He can’t understand why she calls him a light. It’s a title that reminds him of years past, when he lived in Hyaline with his sister, and she named him the Heart of it. The idea is something that has always followed him it seems and though he doesn’t understand how he comes to possess the name, he wears it with pride. Just as he does now for Ryatah. Perhaps it is because she is a true stranger (and it had been so long since he had met a new face) that his mind is at ease as it is now. It had once been tumultuous and tangled - and though nothing much has changed, it feels as though she has ironed out all the broken parts, set them smooth with gentle and understanding hands.

So much so that she even elicits a smile on the pearl pink of his mouth. “I’ll count my blessings, then. I do hate being bored.” He chuckles softly with a slight shake of his head - has it come to this, then? Joking about the one thing in his life that he can’t figure out? But even that thought doesn’t weigh him down too much, for he knows his younger self would perhaps give him that same advice.

Svedka sighs. “I just want to be happy.” He does not let this confession fall from his lips like a tidal wave; it is gentle and sincere, not wishing for her to reply but only speaking it aloud to perhaps give him confidence that he will, in fact, find that peace sometime soon.

There is silence that falls between them - still and wondrous and calm - as the gentle pull of the waves crash against sand. “You won’t be staying here, will you, Ryatah?” He smiles, glancing at her with those silent and sparkling cerulean eyes.

svedka

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: for all of the light that I shut out, Svedka - by Svedka - 12-12-2020, 03:50 PM