• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  for all of the light that I shut out, Svedka

let my shadows prove the sunshine

There is a hum of disappointment in Svedka’s throat, but it does not mar the soft smile that finds his pearled lips nor the gentle sparkle in his light eyes. He, most of all, is no stranger to the different ways life tends to pull apart relationships - however, he does find solace in the fact that most often, life always brings them back together.

When Ryatah mentions Hyaline and her intention of returning there, the stallion’s amusement that alights across his face will hardly go unnoticed. “I lived in Hyaline for quite some time, long ago,” he tells her softly as if it was a secret he had been keeping. He had been different then, but not much. Younger, of course, and innocent in the ways of the world, but also found himself rampant with passion and love - though he cannot say that has changed much now. He is older and he is sure his sister would say he is not much wiser for it. Svedka could barely argue with her, though, and it brings a smile to his lips.

Perhaps Ryatah is right; his time in the afterlife and with Carnage, however tormenting, is over and his steps towards healing has already begun.

His smile is half-crooked as the two embrace intimately and Svedka believes her wholeheartedly and without hesitation. “Good,” he breathes against her cheek in satisfaction, turning his gaze out over the ocean that he had been studying in solitude before her arrival. “I’m not sure I’d be able to continue on happily without knowing I’d see you again, Ryatah.”

svedka

@[Ryatah]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: for all of the light that I shut out, Svedka - by Svedka - 12-30-2020, 01:26 PM