• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  spring cleaning - ruler edition

Isilya seems pleased by Asena’s careful return of her creation, and the four tines of her violet antlers bob as she nods in acceptance of the queen’s thanks. When the pale mare mends the little creature before her eyes, Asena finds herself wondering if Fern could do that as well. She had grown a flower from nothing, so perhaps she could grow a flower bird from nothing too. Thinking of the plant mage she’d met in the Field causes the other’s color to flash briefly across Asena’s coat – pale green and white.

Asena blushes, having not lost control of her own gifts in front of strangers before, and looks away.

Looks away only to find another stranger, one with a pale face and overo markings not unlike her own on bay sides. Something about him looks familiar, but after a few seconds of intense staring she abandons the mental search for who it might be he reminds her of. Later, perhaps, she will realize that he reminded her of Daddy’s whole side of the family, and perhaps will someday put together that he is her great-uncle. He does certainly sound like a great something, deep-voiced and noble. He sounds like Papa when Papa is imitating a dragon in their bedtime stories, but also like Daddy when he’d told her how to properly imitate nobility.

He could probably do a really good monster voice, Asena thinks, and from Isilya’s response the flowery monarch seems to approve of him as well. The navy blue filly with stars on her skin that had joined them is someone that already knew Isilya, but isn’t her daughter. Astra. That is a good name, like the stars, and matching her own and her brother’s. Asena smiles, deciding that she will be this girl’s friend. The filly agrees with the queen: deep-voiced Warden and future-friend Astra would be awesome rulers. When Isilya asks her single question, it takes Asena a moment to think of her answer. Change about Tephra?

Well, she doesn’t know Tephra all that well, to be honest. She’s already decided that she doesn’t think she wants to be ruler more than she wants the others to be. “I think there should be more parties. More reasons for others to come and visit and see how nice Tephra is.” More reasons for her to be allowed back to the Mainland, too, but Asena couldn’t possibly be thinking about that. “I could be the party thrower!” She exclaims, and with a toss of her head throws the brief illusion of a shadowy night light by an impossibly large moon and a myriad of stars floating below the jungle canopy.

@[Warden]

A S E N A

i’d rather run the other way
    than stay and see the smoke and who’s still standing when it clears

ooc: she is taking back her pitch of herself as leader because I need to be realistic about my free time :|

Messages In This Thread
    spring cleaning - ruler edition - by Isilya - 09-27-2020, 02:42 PM
    RE: spring cleaning - ruler edition - by Asena - 09-28-2020, 06:22 AM
    RE: spring cleaning - ruler edition - by Warden - 09-28-2020, 08:54 PM
    RE: spring cleaning - ruler edition - by astra - 10-06-2020, 03:43 PM
    RE: spring cleaning - ruler edition - by Isilya - 10-15-2020, 07:13 PM
    RE: spring cleaning - ruler edition - by Asena - 10-17-2020, 07:07 PM
    RE: spring cleaning - ruler edition - by Warden - 10-21-2020, 07:46 PM