• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What in the world could make a brown-eyed girl turn blue? GALE

IONIA

How surprising! Just when she turned her eyes back onto the road there he was: some blue devil the size of a boulder, come ambling up the trail to meet Ionia on her way east. He wasn’t the first traveler she’d met on her journey and he wouldn’t be the last, so she gives him the same courtesy as all the rest. Ionia smiles halfway, a little wink thrown in when they’re close enough to make out each other’s facial expressions.

“Ah, you won’t find any trouble from me. Passing through myself.” She tells him blithely. There’s a bit of a drawl to be heard in her common speech, something picked up from her nomadic habits. For a second or two her eyes stray to get a good look at his handsome figure and Ionia must say, she likes the color he wears. She’s a bit fond of it herself, obviously. Bending a heel to get comfortable, she keeps on.

“It’s been some time since I’ve crossed another Islander though; Byenveni lakay!” She greets him flawlessly, just the way her mother taught her to. For a long time that was the common greeting in Ischia, but now that Ionia was thinkin’ about it, it’s probably been a longer time since anyone’s spoken her mother’s tongue fluidly. Oh well, she shrugs it off. Maybe he’ll just give her the strange eye. Wouldn’t be the first time.

What was he doin’ all the way out here though, she wondered? And with a fine pair of flappers at that, but walking as long as the day was short. What an oddity! What a curiosity! What a puzzle, and Ionia dearly loved puzzles. She loved riddles and mysteries, half the time chasing ‘em down for the amusement of just having something to do. Now one had found her out of the blue (hah!) She stopped thinking of rhymes and blinked her lovely, long lashes with a hefty sigh.

“Back in my day it was The Resort, though. You must be fresh blood on the black sand shores. Sometimes I miss those days…” The mare went and got wistful, and her pretty blue eyes drifted off into the void.

@[Gale] this is weird, but yea.
    Powerplay: Yes! | Injuries: Will bite back >:)

Messages In This Thread
    RE: What in the world could make a brown-eyed girl turn blue? GALE - by Ionia - 11-26-2020, 01:03 PM