• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What in the world could make a brown-eyed girl turn blue? GALE
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Somehow, it had never occurred to Gale that there might be other travelers on the road as well. It takes him a moment to adjust, a blank look settling onto his blazed face as he thinks this over. Fortunately, she’d used this pause to look him over (and so perhaps missed the awkwardness), and Gale shakes his blue head for a moment. Mirroring her relaxation comes naturally,  and though Gale hadn’t intended to find conversation here, he accepts it without reluctance. This is something new as well.

“Bonjou. ” The pegasus replies, and though he doesn’t mangle the first word, the rapid way he switches back suggests that he knows the word only as a greeting for an Ischian. The waters between his home and the rest of the island are frequented by nereids and other aquatic horses, and Gale has found that the greeting sets them at ease, indicating that he, too, is of the islands.

“That name was a mouthful,” he replies, but gently. She does not seem old, but she speaks in a way that suggests her looks are not to be trusted. Gale, who shares that quality, inhabits a body that is not quite seven winters old. “I had to ask the fairies several times to rename it, and I think they only gave in because they were tired of seeing me.” He shrugs, and it seems clear he thinks this a perfectly reasonable explanation. There is no understanding great magics, after all.

“Where are you heading?” He asks curiously, looking back the way he had come. To the common lands, he guesses, but waits to confirm before chattering on. Restraint is new for him, but he is trying.

@[Ionia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: What in the world could make a brown-eyed girl turn blue? GALE - by Gale - 11-26-2020, 10:39 PM