• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

What in the world could make a brown-eyed girl turn blue? GALE
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

She’s quite taken with the fact that he’s a contender in the Alliance, and Gale must bite back a smile and hide his bright gaze behind another shake of his white mane. Her word choice is especially amusing though, and when he meets her gaze again its with a grin. Though Gale is ungifted with any ability to read minds, Ionia’s thoughts are clear on her blue face as she struggles to identify which contender he might be. Gale, who doesn’t know any of the names besides those he’d already battled, will be impressed if she names him, and is still amused when she tell Balto that she is honored to meet him.

Gale thinks he might let her call him Balto if it means she’ll look at him like that every time she does.

It causes a curious flip in his stomach, but he still chuckles softly and shakes his head as he says: “Gale,” he tells her. “I’m Gale.”

He glances behind her, toward where the path back home stretches off into the red woods, and then back at the blue mare.

“You should come by Islandres sometime,” Gale says, acknowledging that she has elsewhere to be today. “I’ll tell the watch to keep an eye out.” he says this casually, as though the Watch is not himself and his bird and whomever happens to be looking out over the water or up to the sky.

He means to leave soon, his body language says, the way one navy hoof rises and then falls, infinitesimally closer to Islandres with the motion. But he wants to stay, too, lured by the unexpected and easily distracted by a pretty face.

@[Ionia]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: What in the world could make a brown-eyed girl turn blue? GALE - by Gale - 12-27-2020, 04:23 PM