• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  protect your neck & triumph.
    Her blue eyes widen before she smiles again.

"You're just learning?" He had brought vibrant green into something that had been a fading brown. It was nothing like Roselin had seen before so she looks at the yearling with wonder in her gaze. He seems so much older than she, so much wiser, with that entire year of life he has. And give the midnight colt more time, Rosey doesn't doubt that his powers will grow with him.

It is almost impossible for her to imagine; he fully-grown with this gift. Could he bring entire forests to life?

When he looks at her, Roselin is unsure how to describe her own Magic. "I-," she starts and her nervousness emerges in another plume of silver frost from her dark nostrils. "I think I'm still learning, too." The edges of her mouth turn up again - a little more reluctant than before but it still comes. The young filly arches her neck slightly, tucking her head towards her chest, and watches the colt. The summer sun radiates down on the pair but after a few moments, Roselin reaches out to touch him. If he'll allow it, he could feel how cool to the touch she has made herself.

It's the middle of a sweet, heady summer day and yet here stands Rosey emulating the fiercest parts of a winter storm.

"It's...," she tries to explain as she pulls away. "It's kind of like that. I like the cold." Her blue eyes dance, looking up to the older boy. She wonders what he thinks of her Magic. "It's not like yours," she adds. "I can't make the plants happy." Roselin looks down towards the grass again, her expression almost wistful. She doubted that the plants wouldn't like her or her winter-like abilities at all.

But the boy distracts Rosey with his name and so she blooms a smile for him instead. She brightens at the mention of her mother, before she remembers that she had gotten lost and when Wu asks if her mother had left her, the filly shakes her head.

"No," she says, "No, I was playing a game with my brother and I got lost. Mama would never leave us." The thought that parent could just vanish has never occurred to Rosey; both of hers have been strongly present through her young life. But what @[Wu] says leaves her worried. She looks to her new friend, "Are you lost too?"

ROSELIN
    html by castlegraphics; art by Calcifer

it was wonderful - i loved it <3

Messages In This Thread
    protect your neck & triumph. - by Wu - 10-03-2020, 08:13 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Roselin - 10-04-2020, 05:51 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Wu - 10-04-2020, 09:43 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Roselin - 10-09-2020, 03:56 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Wu - 10-18-2020, 06:17 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Roselin - 10-22-2020, 02:19 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 12:10 PM