• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  protect your neck & triumph.
    Leilan
    Of course, she just had to disappear when it’s my watch.

I’d frankly been preoccupied with her twin, Oren, who’d asked a million questions about the aurora lights and their origin, from speculating they were fire to that they might be ghosts, and then a hundred or so theories and stories that might be the cause of this. I’ve at some point wondered if I had been so annoying too, and found the answer to be probably yes.

The problem was that Rosey should have been asleep, and then she wasn’t there. Only when I mentioned her to the bay roan colt, he remembered that they had been playing before and he’d gotten himself distracted.

He does that a lot, I think, and while it’s worrisome and should be pointed out to Lilli, it’s not so bad as the other twin going up in smoke.

I’ve dumped Oren with Nash. Very unceremoniously, I told the older boy to be a good brother and watch him, then took off with little explanation - other than that it was the other one who now needed attention.

My question however was, where’d she go? Every foal-shaped patch of warmth I found, turned out to be another - Roselin’s icy scales, not unlike mine, give her a rather unique appearance when scanning the infrared. If that’s not enough, my silver-white wings, that I have adorned for the occasion of quick transport, cast a shadow large enough for her to recognise my searching.

She is not in Taiga, it seems, and when I catch her trail on the border it smells relatively old. I snort once and continue in the direction she went, my brow creasing as I gain on her and finally track her all the way to the Field.

When landing, I fold the wings back, but do not dismiss them yet. Ears catch every sound, eyes scan the horizon quickly. ”Roselin? Rose!” I realise I’ve dismissed the part of her nickname that makes it sound cuter, but perhaps that’s a subconscious thing when I’m in a hurry to make sure she isn’t harmed.

My legs carry me automatically through the Field, settling on the image of her talking to a stranger, and my earlier crease softens (only a little) when worry makes way for relief at finding her in no obvious peril. That the colt she is talking to (though why is she talking to an older colt? Well, I suppose I should be happy it isn’t a man of my own age), is acting friendly for as far as he can see. ”There you are,” I sigh more than say the words, and take in the young boy with curiosity. ”I’m Leilan - her dad.” I shrug a little to appear unconcerned, and turn to Rosey. ”Are you gonna introduce your new friend?”

I have to remind myself that Roselin is not Chryseis, and that she, unlike her sister, doesn’t deliberately go looking for trouble: so I expect a civil answer and behaviour from both, and deep down pray that I’m doing the right thing in not being angry with her for running off like that.
    May you be as fascinating
    as a slap bracelet

Image commissioned by Vanilla, made by AshesDrawn on DA

@[Wu] @[Roselin] <3
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    protect your neck & triumph. - by Wu - 10-03-2020, 08:13 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Roselin - 10-04-2020, 05:51 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Wu - 10-04-2020, 09:43 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Roselin - 10-09-2020, 03:56 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Wu - 10-18-2020, 06:17 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Roselin - 10-22-2020, 02:19 PM
    RE: protect your neck & triumph. - by Leilan - 10-24-2020, 12:10 PM