• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    a serpent's tears { any }
    As the summer sun peeked her head above the trees, her warm light cast over the dew covered grasses and flowers. Sending little dancing shimmers over the territory. Song birds began to stir, singing softly to the world, and little woodland creatures cautiously ventured forth from within the safety of their dens. Though they were safe from the predators of night, they still had to fear what lurked in the tall grass during the day. For Beqanna was wild, merciless, and untamed, and yet she was absolutely stunning to behold. Though for some, Beqanna was a mystery, and there is still so much to learn.

Genasi's golden eyes struggled to stay shut, she grumbled sleepily as the warm sunlight cast over her. "Ugh...five more minutes…", she snarled, as she attempted to turn over and bury her face in a patch of thick purple clover. But her efforts were short lived as she could hear the familiar shuffle of her mother's short stride coming her way. She knew that there was no escape from the icy death grip of getting a wakeup call from Johari. "Genasi! You sleep too much. Up up up! I swear, child...you are never going to go out on your own at this rate. she snorted, and nipped at her daughter's flank in a motherly fashion. Despite being a pretty strict mother, her children knew they meant the world to her. Even when she was being a bit extra.

"FINE.", she spat back at her mother in a snarky tone, finally heaving herself to her feet, as she did every morning. Johari huffed and rolled her dark eyes, her voice softened now. "Genasi, you are grown now, and it's time you learned to fend for yourself. I admit, I coddled you too much..", she trailed off a bit, and with a quivering lip, Genasi tried now to burst into tears as she choked on her words. "But mother, I nee-, Johari cut her off before she could finish. "No. You do not need me. You are my daughter, and I love you very much, but it is time. You must make your own way in this world, but you must figure it out for yourself. I raised you to be brave and quick of wit. Do not let me down. It is not that we will not see each other again, but you must take a year to see the world on your own, and when you finish, you come find me and tell me what you have learned.", she closed her eyes for a moment and returned her gaze to Genasi. Of whom was now in tears. 

Without another word, Johari pulled her beloved baby to her chest in a tight embrace, whispering in Genasi's frill adorned ear. "I love you with all of my heart.", and with a quick kiss to the forehead, she turned towards the rising sun and began to shuffle away. Genasi wept in silence, her fins quivering with each sob. She had never been alone before. Just last year she saw her sister Azlan set off on her own, but this time was different. Normally her mother sent them off to find their own new home, she had never known her mother to leave herself. She wondered why her mother made the decision to leave her in the Pampas, as she was so sure Johari loved the sprawling meadows and babbling stream. Though wondering would do nothing for her now. This was it. She needed to leave her bubble and get out into the world.

She continued to cry, large glimmering tears sliding down her grulla and gold streaked face. She made her way towards her favorite pond in the territory. Her long spiny serpent tail dragging behind her limply and she followed the worn pathway to the water's edge. Slowly she lowered herself into the warm, inviting water, small fish swirled around her ankles and nibbled at the bits of grass and small bugs that had stuck to her slick tail from the grass above. She allowed herself to slip slowly below the surface, drawing in a deep breath of pond water and letting out a sorrowful scream, sending the fish to scatter away and hide behind the rocks and submerged foliage. She stayed there for a while, lying at the bottom of the pond with her long tail coiled around her tightly, before slowly rising to the surface. She slicked her way through the water just enough to be able to lie down with her head stuck out straight to the shoreline, with the water just covering her face enough that her golden eyes and frilled head peeked out of the surface. She knew not what she was to do with herself. Her entire life up until this point, she only spent with her mother and playing with Azlan. With both of them gone, there was no one. She whimpered, and it came out much louder than she had expected, but she couldn't help it. If someone did come find her, she was not sure anyone could quell her sadness right now. Though it may be the best thing for her. 

He is content.

The wind-swept pampas are ablaze with wildflowers, alive and more beautiful than he had imagined during his time spent in the shadows of The River. The darkness of those days is easy to forget, or easy to burry, now that he is here: a tall, proud stallion, not a whisp of an injured boy.

Today, Clegane gallops across the meadows simply for the hell of it. His silver mane streams behind him, and his heavy wings are tucked close to his leopard-patterned topline. Grass and meadow flowers fling from his heels, and the earth shudders below his stride. He goes on like this for a while, simply enjoying the open air and the hot, coursing blood in his veins.

A particularly well-situated pond appears on the horizon, one he is fond of, and he adjusts his course to head for it. The scent of water and cool bank-grasses make his stomach rumble, and it isn't long before he is slowing to a trot and heading straight for the shallows.

With a snort, the stallion sees something unusual, checking his momentum and taking a step back abruptly. The pale silver weight of his forelock falls to one side as his head tilts and he observes a frilled head from a few lengths away.

"I'm sorry..." he begins with an unsure and questioning tone between breaths, "I didn't mean to..." but his wavering apology ends half-unsaid as he notices the heavy tears in her eyes.

He steps forward then, his muzzle dropping to the waterline and he feels a tightness in his chest. His silver eyes are still full of questions, but more so, concern.

"What's the matter?"

clegane

@[Genasi]
    cleganetransparent