• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  make out of words a cage for your own bird

.rosemary.

Calypso, ever vigilant and suspicious, begins to relax as Crowns continues to demonstrate mere innocent curiosity. It also helps his case that Rosemary takes quite a liking to him and the opportunities that lie within his stories. A stranger from Tephra? A swimming stranger from Tephra? If he poses no threat, why should she pass up the chance of making a new, strange friend?

"I thought Tephra was far away from here," Rose muses, gently pushing Calypso from her skin to step closer to Crowns. It is, Calypso says with a roll of her eyes. The girl ignores her, too focused on the boy's wet scales. "I've never been to Tephra. I haven't really been farther than Sylva and Silver Cove, but it gets humid here sometimes! When it rains." She's excited to have something in common with him, so much so that it takes her a moment to comprehend his suggestion.

"I would love to!" is her grinning answer. "Or maybe I can come visit Tephra! But that would be a long trip . . ." She frowns, miffed that she can't see a jungle for the first time. Still, delighted by Crowns' interest in her and her new home she continues: "Do you change into something? And your dad, does he? My dad can change into a lion," she asks now, wondering if he has something like the lion her father used to wear when they rough-housed. The thought tears the frown from her lips to form an eager smile.

"Hyaline has lots of shifters, but I don't ever go there because I can't shift. Maybe you can."

@[crowns]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: make out of words a cage for your own bird - by rosemary - 10-20-2020, 12:12 PM