• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[mature]  Despite the Overwhelming Odds, Tomorrow Came [Yanhua]

I got extra feelings

He always told himself to be smart, to be careful with Borderline, but she made that impossible sometimes. It didn’t help that Yanhua was completely smitten with her, either. As much as he wanted to be patient and not rush into anything too serious with the newly-initiated Taigan, Yanhua found that he enjoyed the way she doted over him much more. He didn’t resist her advances, more or less falling into them like a stallion who’d recently developed a bad habit, lowering his neck to pull her closer in an embrace that brought the two of them comfortably close together. Like so, he could see her feelings in his own thoughts - almost as if their physical touch was an unbroken connection between them - and the pure, innocent love she felt for him had Yanhua all the more convinced he needn’t hold back at all.

They were both sort of young, and this was new love in its honeymoon phase. Why resist when he could enjoy instead? Why hold back when he loved the sensation of her cool, soft gray fur mingling with his own? Besides, she fit so nicely against him that it seemed like nature herself approved. Borderline had come here by happenstance - who was Yan to deny fate?

She pulled back and looked him over, and Yanhua felt the steady thump, thump of his heart reacting. He wanted to reach out again and pull her close once more, promise her things like the moon and the stars if she’d stay with him forever, but he didn’t get the opportunity. Borderline surprised him instead and took off; he reacted slowly at first, intrigued by the vagueness of her request, but soon enough was following her blue tail through the woods. As they went along he noticed how familiar she’d become with their home since he’d been gone, and Yanhua was silently proud of the way she maneuvered through the redwoods like she’d grown up here all along.

He’d been a little worried that Borderline might’ve stayed cooped up without him around. Clearly, she was a mare of many talents.

He wanted to ask her where it was she was taking him, but found the request unnecessary as the scenery around them began to change. Then he knew just where they were headed, and Yan’s intrigue peaked as they passed by the healthy sections of Taiga’s forest to travel further into the still-charred remains. Of all the places he’d expected Borderline to discover and explore, this place hadn’t been at the top of that list. Yanhua slowed to a trot and gave her some space, winding his way lazily from left-to-right as he clopped around bare, leafless trees. There seemed to be little to no life here, until Borderline stopped completely and ushered her mate closer for a look.

Yanhua stopped trotting and edged towards the smaller mare at a lengthy walk, careful not to step on the little buds with his goat’s hooves. “Look at that! So soon!” Yanhua exclaimed, just as surprised as Borderline had expected. She bade him, ‘watch this’ and he did, coming to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with her as he peered down into the soil where the little sprouts were quietly growing. To his utter amazement, one of the buds nearest Borderline began to quiver and grow - like magic.

He turned instantly to look at the blue-haired mare, his jaw slack from shock.
    Borderline… she had done this! In the little time he’d been gone, his love had found her calling and started to mend their home! Yanhua was speechless; what could he possibly say to sum up the entirety of his feelings in this moment? Beyond amazement there was a wave of appreciation, steadily growing until he felt a lump at the back of his throat. “Borderline,” Yanhua whispered, his denim-blue eyes gone soft and his voice thick with gratitude, “this is perfect. You’re perfect.”

Unthinkingly, Yanhua bent his head and pressed it into the crook of her cheek.
    “How did I get so lucky?” He whispered. I’ve been blessed, he thought, and at the thought of it his mane and tail began to glow a bit brighter. Just between his shoulders, a little dancing light flared to life - unnoticed by himself, but still there - where it trembled and stayed put. Heat flooded through him, setting every drop of blood in his veins on fire, and Yanhua’s head rose. He stared deeply into Borderline’s expectant gaze, almost in pain from the desire of wanting her, and reached out to brush away the loose tangles of her forelock.

“Stay here with me, forever. Be the mother to my children and help me rebuild Taiga again.” Yan mumbled feverishly against the gray swirl of her skin, afraid of what he might feel if she denied him. “I love you, Borderline.”
    PERSONALITY | HISTORY | REFERENCES

@[Borderline]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Despite the Overwhelming Odds, Tomorrow Came [Yanhua] - by Yanhua - 10-19-2020, 09:01 PM