• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  kindness never looked good on me; Aela

"Good," Aela thinks sleepily with a playful snort. "If he did...," she implies, and Aela - confident in her abilities and herself - imagines exactly the kind of lesson she'd give the dappled boy if he ever dared to cross her grandmother. It's the kind of lesson that she thinks Heartfire would approve of.

One that doesn't involve brute force but tact and poise. Aela can't imagine that the buckskin colt does anything more than blunder about Nerine and scowl at the wind because it dared to cross his path. But, perhaps, she thinks she could do something about that.

"You saw what she did in Nerine, didn't you?" She feels foolish for even asking as soon as the thought trickles down their bond. Of course Heartfire saw. What was there that evaded her grandmother? (And Gods, does Aela strive for that kind of ability one day, want that kind of power for herself.) Straia had commanded the skies. Straia had taken control of the dragons - the Pangeans - a normally lawless lot. To her young mind, Straia and her powers seem infallible; it doesn't occur to her (yet) that reaching for the pinnacle of her powers would drag down into the depths of something that will swallow her whole.

"I'll be careful," Aela says. There has always been a certain grace to her grandmother that she has tried to emulate (though her youthful 'enthusiasm' sometimes gets in the way). The golden girl won't misplace the warning given by the Seer. But Pangea - with Kensley, with Beyza - doesn't seem so awful to the adolescent. Aela has been afforded more freedom here than she has ever been allowed. It's with that thought that the almost-palomino gingerly rises and stretches before stepping out from her cavern and underneath an unforgiving Pangean sun. The land is red and cracked but Aela sees the day - ready to seize it for all its vibrancy - and smiles to herself.

Still feeling the presence of her grandmother in her mind, Aela thinks: "did you know they say Carnage made this place?" Curiosity ripples down the bond and while the striped girl knows her ancestor has seen many things in Beqanna, she wonders if her grandmother has ever seen (beheld) the Dark God. It makes her curious about other things, too. "He's an ancestor of ours, right?"

image credit to footybandit

@[Heartfire] lmao i am dubbing this thread "Aela learns 1% of Beqanna is related to Carnage"

Messages In This Thread
    RE: kindness never looked good on me; Aela - by Aela - 11-29-2020, 08:03 PM