• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  kindness never looked good on me; Aela

you can run but you can't hide
    breath on your skin, I've arrived

The elder mare has no doubt the younger will understand eventually. Will learn and heed her advice. The revelation that occurs to her on the heels of her anger fading is only the start. Collaboration is important, finding among a sea of strangers those you could draw to your cause. It had been one of the largest mistakes the raven queen had made. Had she stopped to consider her allies rather than her enemies, she might have found many more. Even Heartfire might have been, had she not seen so plainly the blindness in Straia’s lust.

She feels no need to add anything further however. She had already said everything she felt Aela needed to hear on the subject.

So instead as the conversation shifts, Heartfire considers the young girl’s reaction to her announcement. To Aela, it must appear that this desire had come entirely from left field. Truthfully however, this had been brewing beneath the surface for quite some time. She had allowed herself to care, and as a result, she had been opened to all the inevitable questions and insecurities that came along with it. It had been terrifying to realize and much too easy to deny.

But now, with nothing else to distract her thoughts, she could deny it no longer. She needs answers, one way or the other.

It takes her some time to formulate a response to Aela’s stilted questions. When she does, it is a slow and thoughtful one. “Brazen’s father.” And Dagen’s too, though she does not say as much. Aela would not recognize the name of her second son. “He is in the world beyond Beqanna, so that is where I will go.”

She cannot tell her more beyond that. Not because she doesn’t wish to, but because she doesn’t yet know herself.

heartfire

@[Aela]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: kindness never looked good on me; Aela - by Heartfire - 01-13-2021, 10:30 AM