• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you made a holy fool of me, and i've thanked you ever since.
    For a half year colt, Ischia was a playground. There was dense jungle to ramble through, soft beaches to drowse on, and water that seemed never to be too cold to enjoy. Torrent had grown in the moons since his hatching, limbs stretching every day until he was more leg than anything else. 

It was a gawky age, to be sure. Still, there were hints and suggestions of a handsome stallion to be in his childish face. All the ingredients were there, it was only time that needed to be applied. And time was not something that passed quickly in Ischia. Not when you wanted it too. 

He'd been napping in a sandy hollow, the sun making his tawny and white coat toasty warm. All in all, he was very comfortable lying there, ignoring the tasks his mother likely had in mind for him. The wash of waves on the beach, the breeze rustling through monstera and palm leaves, the far off chatter of parrots. Yes, he was sure this was a nap worth the trouble. 

Only it was interrupted. The thud of heavy hooves on sand made him squeeze his eyes shut tighter, before he sighed and opened them to squint out at the shore. That definitely sounded like someone winged touching down. Maybe Pteron had been sent to find him. It seemed likely, until his eyes lit on the actual origins of the sound. 

A stallion, but not the teal and off white he'd been expecting. This one made the beach look dull in comparison to his own golden coat. Torrent lifted his head to get a better look, sand sticking to his cheek. There were beautiful horses all over the island, but this one he'd never seen before. It was hard to tell in the bright island sun, but it almost seemed like the stallion was emitting light of his own. 

Like a seagull spotting something shiny, he rose softly to his feet to get a closer look. The stallion seemed absorbed in his mission to cross the strand, and it shouldn't have been much of an issue with the water only belly high at its deepest. Something seemed to have given the golden stallion pause, though, and Torrent couldn't quite catch what had been said before he started backing through the waters. 

"Whatcha got there?" He asked after a moment, standing at the water's edge. He didn't feel much like swimming right now, so he stayed out of reach of the waves. Something under the surface seemed to have gotten the attention of the glowing man, and knowing Ischia's wildlife, it could be just about anything. 

@[Ophanim]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you made a holy fool of me, and i've thanked you ever since. - by Torrent - 10-20-2020, 06:16 PM