• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you made a holy fool of me, and i've thanked you ever since.
    [quote="Ophanim" pid='109077' dateline='1603050423']
    If ever you come near I'll hold up high a mirror
    OphaniM
    Ophanim doesn’t remember much of being a child - between the plague and the puppy love phase with Starsin, there was hardly room for other memories. He thinks he must have been something like his own children. They’re all adventurous and wild, tumbling over one another in their games. The world had been his for the taking. He’d nearly forgotten the joy of wandering as he traded his nomadic days for those of a father. But now the children shoo him from their games and he has no choice but to take up the old habit once more.

A voice causes him to look over his shoulder, momentarily forgetting his adversary. His golden ears are perked forward as he offers one of his eager smiles in greeting.

I’m not entirely sure! It’s small and angry, whatever it is,” he explains with a laugh. Ophanim turns his head back to the crab and realizes it is carefully picking at the detritus caught in the feathering of his ankles. He blinks his cerulean eyes in surprise as he tries to remain very still. “Oh, I guess she’s not so angry anymore. Do you know what these are called?

He spreads his wings over his head then to keep the glare off the water’s surface, allowing him to see better. The little crab continues diligently picking bits of this or that off of him and feeding itself with delicate claws. The angel looks back over his shoulder as he realizes how rude he’s being.

My name is Ophanim, by the way. Do you live here?
    Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as you.

@[Torrent]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you made a holy fool of me, and i've thanked you ever since. - by Ophanim - 10-26-2020, 07:20 PM