• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

you made a holy fool of me, and i've thanked you ever since.
    If ever you come near I'll hold up high a mirror
    OphaniM
    Ophanim follows his gaze to the horizon far ahead of them, only now considering what sorts of things may exist beyond the safety of the shallows. A chill runs up his spine. Of course, he isn’t imaginative, so he can only conjure images of giant crabs with vice grip claws. He swallows the nervous lump in his throat and looks back to the boy as he tries to hide the tinge of concern in his voice.

Have you.. seen what sorts of things are in the deeper parts?” he asks carefully. Surely Starsin would chase away or shatter whatever deepsea monsters he was afraid of. And thinking of his wife and her bravery gives him a sense of relief. Her heart thumps reassuringly in his chest as he regards the small crab once more.

A crab,” he echoes, his bright eyes reexamining her anew. “What kind of name would a crab have?

He dwells on the question for a while. They seem strong-willed and cute. Starsin Junior was a name that had been shot down several times despite his efforts, but there is no one here to stop him from using it now. He grins with one of those thousand-watt smiles across his face when he turns back to Torrent.

I’m going to call her Starsin Junior, after my wife. Because she’s scary and I like her,” he explains with a soft laugh. “I guess I’ll let her hang around a little longer, if she wants.

And then he carefully turns his body to face Torrent now, with the crab holding onto his feathering possessively now. His strides are slow and careful when he draws closer to the boy.
    Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as you.

@[Torrent]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: you made a holy fool of me, and i've thanked you ever since. - by Ophanim - 11-02-2020, 07:53 PM