• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

&& For You, My Heart Beats

fear can hold you prisoner

Vita, always a traveler. 

As usual, she was out exploring Beqanna. Although, the Islands were her home and she would return to Aedan, always. 

Children, she still cannot get over the children they share. Bran and Islay, nearly twins in appearance. Her maw turns into a smile at the thought of them, yet they make her heart yearn for Aedan.

Aedan, she calls out for her lover. The teal girl quickly moving about, her body aching for the warmth of her lover in the cool autumn day.

vita

hope can set you free

@[Aedan] I figured they could use a new one:p
    He doesn’t begrudge her time spent exploring. After all, he does the same sometimes. While she is away, he stays on the island to keep an eye on the children. Not that they necessarily need him around, and he gives them their space to roam and play as they will, but he does make sure that he’s nearby, just in case.

It’s not hard to entertain oneself on the island. The flora alone here is endless in its colors and types, and he finds himself wandering and cataloguing them in his mind, particularly interested by the one plant that seems to bloom only at night. He is near one particular plant as the sun is setting, waiting for it to bloom and, in reality, simply waiting for his favorite time of day.

It is about that time that Vita returns, her voice calling out for him. He leaves the flowers behind, turning in the direction of her voice and following until they find one another. ”Vita,” he says, greeting her with an affectionate nuzzle. ”How was your day?” There’s his usual soft glow, the light of his stars, surrounding him by now as darkness sets, and he can hear the children nearby. Perhaps it was time to go find them and spend a bit of time together.

aedan

the night is more alive and more
    richly colored than the day.

@[Vita]
    @[Star]

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

It wasn't uncommon for Mama to travel; once I was old enough to be weaned, she had returned to wandering. But that was alright. Papa told us that Mama was like a star. And stars, as I've come to know, are never still. They are always traveling from one point of the horizon to the other.

Keeping an eye on the sky (always at this time of day, when the sun is so close to sleeping), I know that that the hours are dwindling. Soon, something in me smiles as I search for Bran. My older brother had taken to exploring as our dam did and part of me wondered if that was something I would when I got older; would I leave Islandres? Some part of me dreamt about what was beyond our little paradise but what I knew of Beqanna didn't call to me as strongly as what above us did. The dark.

It was like a secret between Papa and me.

But it is not the dark or the desire to travel that calls to me now. What comes singing across the winds of paradise is a voice that I know and love. It blossoms bright in my chest until it eventually lights up my face and I turn away from the sandy path I had traveling. My steps become hurried and eventually, I am galloping like a squall across the dunes and away from the salt grasses. Rounding the last sand dune, I see them together and I start to glow like my sire (I haven't learned yet how to contain it and in the presence of so much happiness, what else is there to do but shine?)

"Mama!" I call in a high-pitched voice. And then I slow into a trot before I reach my father's side. When I do, I settle between them and look up at the faces I adore so much, the epicenter of my little world. "Papa," I murmur before looking to dam, alight with excitement.  "Mama, where have you been?" I ask, curious to know the places she has found.

Tales of adventure will have to wait a moment, though. My petite face scrunches and I sneeze as a gust of salt-air fills my nostrils.

@[Vita] @[Aedan] if I need to change anything, just let me know! And apparently Islay wanted to be written in first person so please bare with me, lol.

fear can hold you prisoner

It was warming to know that she could always find Aedan when she came home. Perhaps a little guilt bearing that she left so often....even more so that the children idolized him over her. Though, she enjoyed watching the love they had for him, especially Islay, they shared the power of the stars after all.

She hears her name, the voice of her lover, it quickly warmed her heart and a smile grew on her maw. Aedan, she warmly returns the greeting. She accepts his nuzzle warmly and returns on of her own, her maw playfully bumping his.

He asks of her day and truthfully it was boring, just traveling back to the island she calls home. It was alright, just glad to be back with you. She wasn't a terrible mother...but certainly not the best, she didn't spend time with them as some do. Once they were weaned she returned to her traveling ways, exploring the world at hand.

How have you been dear? I missed you so much. She whispers as she can hear the kids close by, infact little Islay quickly found herself in between the two.

She laughs gently, Islay was still so innocent and young, in a way, she reminded Vita of herself. She asks where Vita had been, Oh many places Islay! She lowers her maw to gently nuzzle her blue cheek. One day I will bring you with me, a field so open, the stars so bright! Perhaps they could all go, a place for Aedan to help her grasp the power of the stars.

vita

hope can set you free

Boop, Bran post to follow
    He is here with the children more than Vita, but it has never bothered him, and he does not think it bothers the children. If it does, they haven’t let on. Perhaps they aren’t quite old enough to be bothered by it, or perhaps it doesn’t matter because she always returns to them. When they get older, they would be able to leave and explore as well, perhaps joining her mother on her adventures then.

For now, they are content to spend their time playing on the Island, at least so far as Aedan can tell. He, at any rate, certainly finds that he enjoys the time. He and Vita are not given long alone (a fact no one tells you about having children), but he doesn’t mind the warm and bright interruption of little Islay. She glows, quite literally, with her happiness and it makes his smile grow wider.

He tugs at the starlight that surrounds him, solidifying it into something like a finger that bops Islay gently on the nose, laughing as he sneezes at the opportune moment. Probably not from being bopped on the nose by starlight, but still, the timing did work out. Her attention is on Mom though, and Aedan lets Vita answer. ”There is a very big world out beyond this island. Bigger than even Beqanna. Did you know you mom and I traveled to different worlds together for many years?” He grins at Islay, trying to imagine what he would have thought of that notion at her age.

aedan

the night is more alive and more
    richly colored than the day.

sneaking in, lol

Use of mild power playing is allowed; no injuries without permission

Oh, many places Islay! Mama says and I imagine all the places she has been must be like the galaxies and universes I create in my head. Our little island is small and while there are a few others that call this paradise home, I tend to keep to myself when I am not trailing after Bran or Papa. I like the freedom to try and replicate what I see above me every night. My power is like me - young, still growing - and what I can do with it surprises even me; Bran had come too close once while I was playing with starlight and I had almost lulled him to sleep (on accident) because I hadn't noticed him.

I turn my cheek up to Mama - expectant of the kiss she places there - and I smile up at her. The mention of a wide, open sky makes me excited. It always does, no matter if the horizon is a familiar or unknown one. "Can we see all the stars there?" I chirp and look excitedly between both my parents - the traveler and the nightmaker. My silver eyes round with the idea that Mama has placed in my mind. All of us together on one of her adventures. The thought of this wide open Field makes me look up to Papa with an idea. "Maybe we could count them." (I've tried to do this before but I always fall asleep before I can get past nine-bajillion-million and three.)

Maybe if Papa and Mama and Bran help, we could count all of them.

Papa's Magic taps me on my teacup nose and I giggle as bright as the starshine that he's created while I lean into the teal-and-white warmth of my mother. I turn my head to bury it into her slender shoulder, happy to have her home and so close. One of my blue-tipped ears flicked back at my sire before I turn my head abruptly to look at him. "Where did you go?" I ask as my mind tries to envision all the worlds that he and Mama might have explored. But I am still young and so I imagine the first world that pops into my mind. The one I see every night. "Did you travel to the moon?"

@[Vita] @[Aedan] <3