• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Ninety Three Percent Stardust || Any

Starsonder was so used to her words holding no real weight with anyone that she hardly ever thought a sentence out before it left her mouth. As the youngest, and on the talkative side, most of what she said was overlooked when she butted into conversations at home. She hadn't meant to get under his skin, and his reaction surprises her - a sharp reminder she is an unknown land. Another attention-grabbing remark to his first statement is at the ready, but the second statement makes her look a little like a colorful cod when the words die in her mouth.

Her pink nose quivers and her eyes grow hot, but she had learned how to keep her baby-tears from falling, and she sets her jaw and refuses to shed them. She points her head back in the direction of Tephra, but it's only a glance. Before she can decide what she should do, he's speaking again, and the little wound he had opened heals as quickly as it appeared.

Her faith that he won't eat her is easily renewed, and she visibly relaxes, her face tilting back up to him happily. "I'm Starsonder," she tells him proudly, but then she remembered the way her mother introduces herself and how she rarely told others her whole name. "But I was thinking about shortening it. Like yours, Quell. Do you like Star or Sonder better? There's already one Star in my family, but I think Sonder sounds funny."

starsonder

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Ninety Three Percent Stardust || Any - by Starsonder - 10-29-2020, 02:54 PM