• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  Ninety Three Percent Stardust || Any
    She says that ‘Scar’ is not a moniker she has earned, and Quell nods agreeably. It would not fit him either, he thinks, but perhaps in the future, when he is the victor of an alliance or a warrior king or something else thrilling and dangerous. The draconic horse has a great many plans for the future, it seems, though for now he is simply a leggy colt with dreams. He is thinking of these, a little distracted by his daydreams, when he is reminded that he’d asked Starsonder Longname where she’d come from.

The answer is much more exciting than ‘just Tephra’, and Quell’s dark ears prick up excitedly as she says her mother left for the alliance. That she has been left, presumably alone, is less important, even with his earlier worry.

“The Alliance?!” He repeats. “That is so cool! I’m gonna be in the Alliance someday, you know.” There’s confidence in the way he says this, as though his participation someday will be a given. That he has never had any training, never battled anything but his brothers and friends, is inconsequential. There will be time for that later; the Alliance doesn’t happen every year, after all.

She’s never left Tephra, she says, and Quell is pulled farther away from his consideration of the Alliance and how he might earn the name ‘Scar’.

“I don’t really know this island,” the winged colt says to her request for a tour. “I grew up on one of the smaller islands, but another family lives there now.” He’s seen them, a pair of Beachmasters and their children, but since finding them there has not returned to Kelpie. Perhaps the island even has another name now, he thinks, now that the patriarch of that clan has trapped in the cenote.

“I just know you shouldn’t go near the big water hole, no matter what you see or hear.”

@[Starsonder]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Ninety Three Percent Stardust || Any - by quell - 11-12-2020, 07:53 AM