• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    [private]  a little white light in a sea gone black

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Despite her aversion to the cold and the heavy news that hangs in her mind, waiting to be shared with an overwhelming sense of foreboding, Oceane’s journey with Mesec thus far has been a pleasurable one ─ his companionship is warm and polite, and he had seemed to pick up quickly on her preference for comfortable silence over forced small talk. When she finally does break the silence between them with her vocal gratitude (in hopes that her pensivity has not discouraged him from future missions), the pangare stallion returns her statement with his own genuine appreciation.

His willingness to help lightens the woman’s mood a bit, and when she settles comfortably next to him to wait for Noah, she offers him another smile. This one is noticeably warmer. “Perhaps when we return home, we can discuss what you hope to see in Loess’ future, and how you’d like to help get us there.” She won’t say much else on the topic now ─ while the Pampas is part of their own Kingdom, the opaline Queen is particularly reserved when discussing changes, at least until they are infallible. At least now, if he hasn’t already, Mesec will have the opportunity to consider what hopes he has for the future ─ both his and Loess’.

Oceane reminds herself that that’s where her head needs to be, too.

“Yes, I’ve unfortunately only visited a handful of times, but it’s certainly serene. Especially in the springtime,” her words have only begun to fade when a strawberry roan mare with a kind face begins to approach them. Lepis had told her once that Noah was, perhaps, one of the warmest equines the late Loessian Queen had ever had the pleasure of befriending. And if the approaching woman’s wide smile is any indication, the visiting pair has found the person they had come to see.

Surprised, though not offended, when Mesec takes the opportunity to introduce both of them, Oceane nods politely at Noah when she is introduced and then rustles the feathered wings at her sides as a brief bout of discomfort swells over her. But she has repeated this news enough, now, to get through it without her voice breaking, and has healed enough to be able to offer comfort to others instead of asking to receive it.

“Noah, it’s so nice to meet you finally,” the lavender and turquoise woman begins, her voice betraying a hint of sadness despite trying so hard to press it back, “Lepis asked me some time ago to lead Loess beside her. I’m unsure if she ever had the chance to come share the news but─” Oceane sighs quietly, forcing herself to pause to avoid uncomfortable rambling. “It’s with great sadness that we come with news of Lepis’ death. The fire in Loess was set intentionally, and it took her life.”

@[Mesec] & @[Noah]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    RE: a little white light in a sea gone black - by Oceane - 11-23-2020, 10:27 PM