• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  a wilderness of water

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

It's easy to fall back into familiar friendship with Aquaria, and refreshing to have the opportunity to speak about something other than the destruction in Loess or the very real potential for a siege from Pangea, if things continue the way they have been. These are not troubles she can bring to Ischia's shores. Aquaria had already experienced enough at the hooves of Oceane, the two mothers  endlessly lucky that their sons had found themselves in one piece following their captivity in the wastelands.

“Well,” she begins with a wry smile as her troubles are flung to the ocean behind her, “it does make you look quite fierce.” She laughs warmly before turning her amber eyes to the greenery at the edge of the beach, though her ears remain pointed towards the finned woman as she speaks. Offering Aquaria a kind glance, Oceane nods in understanding before pivoting her winged body so that she angles down the warm beach. “This island certainly inspires the desire to remain at home, I can't blame you there.” Everything about Ischia feels serene, though she would be naive to believe that is truly the case.

“Care to show me around? We could catch up along the way.” She awaits the Ischian woman's response quite hopefully, the loneliness she's felt over these past few weeks weighing heavy in her heart.

There is, however, once thing that gnaws at the back of her mind and though she'd decided to wait a bit before asking ─ “Is the kelpie still here?” She hadn't seen the rotten Ivar in years, and word was that he had disappeared ─ and truth be told, Oceane likely wouldn't have remembered him or the encounters she'd had with him, had Gale not mentioned Isobell just the other day.

@[Aquaria]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    a wilderness of water - by Oceane - 11-07-2020, 06:57 PM
    RE: a wilderness of water - by Aquaria - 11-12-2020, 04:09 PM
    RE: a wilderness of water - by Oceane - 11-15-2020, 08:49 AM
    RE: a wilderness of water - by Aquaria - 11-19-2020, 08:59 PM
    RE: a wilderness of water - by Oceane - 11-23-2020, 11:04 PM
    RE: a wilderness of water - by Aquaria - 11-24-2020, 09:54 PM