• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Make your mark upon the world; leilan, any
    When her mother had return Owin had brought her to their glowing mother. When they had found her she had seemed distant, disconnected. Owin had reassured her that their mother would be alright. He had told her that the work she had done had exhausted her and the peace that she herself so often felt had faultered, all of her emotions coming in at once. 

He had compared it to the time they had found the small beaver dam on one of their walls along a small stream that ran the length of Taiga. Clarie had, without thought jumped into the stream and kicked playfully at the small sticks and logs clogging the stream. Where once the water had reached her her knees it had rushed away all at once to join the rest of the stream flooding the banks not far from her, running into the dirt and pine needles that littered the ground.

She had nodded absently as she watched in fascination at her mother who dawned her amber scales and jumped haphazardly over the waterfalls edge. Her sharp teeth clenched briefly piercing the softness of her lips, the taste of blood settling unappealingly on her tounge.

She stayed there, with her mother, but watched her from a distance. Patience. That's what Owin had told her, her brow pulled together at those words, she hated when he bossed her around but was right at the same time. She watched her mother battle and grow in her solitude, until the day came when she thought she had been patient enough.

The snow had just started to fall and the water had began to freeze. Her buckskin form had began to become more than just knobby knees and her white stripes that graced her haunches and breast had become more prominent and bright. Her purple eyes were cautious as she approached her mother. Bumping her nose into the hard muscles on her chest she looked at her mother questioning. Her mouth was hard and her eyes were stormy but what came out of her mouth, although Clarie knew she loved her, hurt. She didn't say much as she looked into her daughters eyes, a mirror of her own, she just told her that she needed to go to the Kingdom and find Leilan. It was time for her to train. She needed to learn to protect herself and their home.

That is how she found herself shivering on the black sand of this god forbidden iceberg. Her purple eyes irritated and her sharp teeth chattering against each other. The only bright side she could find in this situation is that she had proceeded slowly across a frozen strip of ice and so she had avoided as much freezing water as she could.

@[Leilan]
    I’ve seen a lot of youngsters coming and going, but the attitude on this one is at the very least curious. Everything about her screams that she doesn’t want to be here, and yet there she stands, the buckskin girl from Taiga, only different from her mother in a few regards - not in the least her shiny, pretty teeth, which she lets clatter against one another now that her mother sure won’t hear it.

I walk over casually, having spotted her from far away but knowing my eyesight has been enhanced for most of my life now, and I still sometimes fail to make the right decisions when it comes to assuming what another can see. So, I just walk over, unbothered by her appearance on the southern beach. The contrast she and her white markings make with the black glass is prominent, and it would have been hard to miss her altogether. I discern that Nashua is either visiting in Taiga or possibly way up north, as he hasn’t approached yet, but know that it’s probably only a matter of time and timing. He did get to Ruinam before I did, after all.

”It’s only too cold when you’re standing still,” I tell the girl on the shore. It’s our islands motto and a very basic warning and advice for newcomers, and occasionally I find the right moment to say the words. At that, I stop and flash her an equally pointy grin which can either make her feel welcome or not at all - but seeing as she has similar teeth perhaps it brings about some sort of homecoming or whatnot. Honestly I don’t know and I like a gamble now or then.

I wait then, for her to respond. Perhaps she’ll turn around. Perhaps she’ll admit that she hates it and didn’t come on her own accord - she has so far shown little to no intrinsic motivation to be here... but perhaps just like Lilli, she really hates the swim. Perhaps that’s all there’s to it. Probably not, though.
    they say I did something bad, then why’s it feel so good?

@[Clarie]
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |
    It didn't take long for the Dragon King to find her, curious it made her because she had not made herself known outright. Maybe he could sense things like her brother, Owin - she missed Owin something mighty right now. Or perhaps it was another gift linked to his dragon nature?

Either way she waited, her muscles freezing and cramping as he made his way over to her. Her eyes sharpened as much as they could against the muddy coldness of her brain. He didn't look like anything to special. Her mind struggled to piece together his advice but when it finally clicked she shook her head slightly and forced her legs to move, pacing back and forth in short burst infront of him. Only when he flashed an equally sharp smile at her was she able to stop her chattering teeth long enough to reply, Good to know. her voice came out more rude than she had intended.

Keep your blood moving. Owin's words echoed inside her head. She should have known better. This is why her mother had sent her here, to learn. Her pacing began to slow, now that she could feel her legs again. Her bright purple eyes looked their king up and down, You know my mother. She sent me here to learn from you. My only assumption is that she doesn't want me to grow up naive, like she did... My name is Clarie. her voice was hard -mad at her mother for sending her away, but still that of a child - hurt that her mother hadn't wanted her to stick around. One who was way in over her head.

@[Leilan]
    She scoffs more than thanks him, but I contribute it to her age easily. I'd forgotten how cranky they can be sometimes, and I brace myself mentally for Oren and Roselin who are currently reaching their first year, and may react similarly soon. Meanwhile the girl on the shore has begun pacing, and I watch her intently to see if she blurts out some more unhappy-sounding words, my face still having that grin plastered on it while I try not to chuckle.

Finally, she stops to talk, though she isn't standing entirely still any more. The white-marked buckskin looks a lot like her mother indeed, so I give a small nod to indicate she is right about her statement in that I know her, and then tilt my head when listening to the rest. So Lethy had a few setbacks in her life and she thinks it's due to her upbringing? I can't say that it's true or untrue, though I think part of it is just her personality.

This girl seems to have a little more bite, though, and I can only appreciate it. Her hard voice of course does not deter me, a man twice her mother's age, or approximately anyway. I should probably subtract the few years in which I just stumbled around like the idiot that is my nature, but I'd still come up more experienced eventually. Besides - that's not something Clarie needs to know.

"So tell me Clarie... why are you here?" I know she just said her mother sent her - but I smile lazily, waiting for the coin to drop. She could have told her mother anything and gone the other way, if she really hated the idea, after all. So why is she really here? Even if she has no answer or no alternative... at least she should start thinking about it now.

@[Clarie] look at him raising teenagers lol
    |
    His question makes her pause, confusion sweeping across her eyes, hadn't she just told him? Jesus, she rolls her eyes slightly, grown ups. She huffs, a white puff of air escaping her nostrils, visible for a moment that calms her before disappearing.

Her brow creases as her tail slaps against her legs. Resuming her light pacing she moves around Leilan her eyes taking in the barren landscape she had judged quickly upon her arrival. I needed a change of scenery. her sarcasm was as dry as the air that whipped at her face. She wasn't about to admit that she didn't feel wanted or needed. She wasn't going to let him see how inadequate she felt. Her purple eyes were hard and bright, her glow was sharp and purposeful. She wanted to look as much the badass that she wanted to  feel.

@[Leilan] sorry this is shit. I'm quarantined at home with Covid. This is best I could do xD
    However long I can be amused by watching her shiver, scowl, and roll her eyes, I suppose it's time to move the conversation forward. In a literal sense, I nod and start walking, towards the forest which although burnt, still breaks the winds. "Could've picked Islandres, you know." I offer it casually, but absent. If this is what she currently thinks she wants, then so be it.

Reaching the forest, from whence now also the see to the north could be seen, and for me at least, a blue-ish spark in the north-east as well, where I know the heart-shaped lake to be. "For starters, I suppose you'll have to adjust to new foraging habits. If you can't find what you need here, I suggest you find another place to take hold of it. We haven't visited the other lands in a while, but if you can find a bunch to join you, perhaps that would not be a bad idea." As long as she's careful who to upset, I suppose - but then, if she isn't, would I really care? It's time we make a name for ourselves anyway.

"Oh, and go find Nashua, pin him down. I'm sure he can teach you a trick or two." I grin at her a little, then step sideways and sprout my dragon wings. If she wants to become stronger, she shouldn't start with fighting dragons, but our Champion might be a good start for tips and tricks.

@[Clarie] here's something that can either be an ending or something more but, I hope there's enough suggestions in there for her! ^^
    |