• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

Thread Rating:
    • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
    Make your mark upon the world; leilan, any
    She scoffs more than thanks him, but I contribute it to her age easily. I'd forgotten how cranky they can be sometimes, and I brace myself mentally for Oren and Roselin who are currently reaching their first year, and may react similarly soon. Meanwhile the girl on the shore has begun pacing, and I watch her intently to see if she blurts out some more unhappy-sounding words, my face still having that grin plastered on it while I try not to chuckle.

Finally, she stops to talk, though she isn't standing entirely still any more. The white-marked buckskin looks a lot like her mother indeed, so I give a small nod to indicate she is right about her statement in that I know her, and then tilt my head when listening to the rest. So Lethy had a few setbacks in her life and she thinks it's due to her upbringing? I can't say that it's true or untrue, though I think part of it is just her personality.

This girl seems to have a little more bite, though, and I can only appreciate it. Her hard voice of course does not deter me, a man twice her mother's age, or approximately anyway. I should probably subtract the few years in which I just stumbled around like the idiot that is my nature, but I'd still come up more experienced eventually. Besides - that's not something Clarie needs to know.

"So tell me Clarie... why are you here?" I know she just said her mother sent her - but I smile lazily, waiting for the coin to drop. She could have told her mother anything and gone the other way, if she really hated the idea, after all. So why is she really here? Even if she has no answer or no alternative... at least she should start thinking about it now.
    they say I did something bad, then why’s it feel so good?

@[Clarie] look at him raising teenagers lol
    Two things I know I can make: pretty kids, and people mad.
    |

Messages In This Thread
    RE: Make your mark upon the world; leilan, any - by Leilan - 11-18-2020, 04:29 AM