• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

in my restless dreams i see us there, wayfair

no wind blows in favor of a ship with no direction

Her thoughts have never belonged exclusively to her. From the very moment of her conception, her mother has been prying into her undeveloped mind, probing and prodding the girl into a mirror image of the former queen. Her brother too has made his way into the chasms of her mind, though his thoughts are much more frightening. Whereas Topsail merely had a steel spine and iron forged will, Gangplank thought of cruelty just for the fun of being cruel. She was not afraid of him though. While he may harbor a wicked streak, she has the wind at her back. Literally and figuratively.

The bay colt makes a beautiful sight as he angles into her wind, manipulating it to suit his needs much like she manipulated it in his favor. She can hear the beat of his leathery wings, and a part of her senses the disturbance in her created air flow. Still she concentrates, at least until she feels his fingers in her own mind. He doesn’t pry in the way that her family does though, so she makes no effort to mentally hide from him. It is nice in a way, to feel someone explore with permission. Her mother and twin certainly don’t ask before diving into her mind. There is little time to dwell though, as the bay boy seems to have zeroed in on her and is heading her way. She is envious of the way he cuts through the sky with so little effort, and she wonders what it would be like to feel the wind from that height.

As he trots towards her she offers him a smile, casting her eyes down demurely in typical foal fashion. He is the first foal she has ever met besides her brother, and finds herself relying on instinct rather than her own personality. She senses many thoughts in his mind, though none of them reek of malice in the way Gangplanks do. That alone relaxes her enough to swish her bottle brush tail and step forward to meet the winged boy. ”The wind was mine, yes.” she says, and her voice is soft and slightly broken from lack of use. Her mother never spoke out loud to them, and Wayfair has gotten herself into the habit to do the same. ”I’m glad you could use it...Crowns.” His name rolls of her her tongue much nicer than Gangplanks name. ”My name is Wayfair. I hope you don’t mind, but I could hear you. You were having trouble, i think. I bet flying is hard....” The words flow out of her like water breaking from a dam, but she finally cuts them off. It would not do to make a fool of herself on her first journey away from home.

WAYFAIR&GANGPLANK

Messages In This Thread
    RE: in my restless dreams i see us there, wayfair - by Wayfair and Gangplank - 11-15-2020, 11:42 PM