• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  I saw a shooting star late last night

— I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night —

A bright spark of laughter escapes the feline as the star drifts towards her - delighted, enchanted laughter. Her eyes trail its movements before returning to the mare when she speaks, introducing themselves with the bonus of a compliment from the star. “Thank you, Leonidas - I like your glow.” She always had been fond of stars. “And it’s nice to meet you, Lilliana.” The leopard stands then, but Agetta decides against shifting just yet. Not when she’s been complimented on her spots by a star. “I’m Agetta.”

Why is it that her own troubles seem farther away now after the chestnut mare’s morose comment? It’s always been easier for Agetta to pull herself together for someone else, be it a loved one or a stranger, and she can feel her mind begin to make that shift. Enough that she can find a small smile that brightens the deep blue of her eyes as she comes to stand a little closer to the mare.

She welcomes the distraction from her own life.

“And, unfortunately, the tides are not always helpful. Even in a morose way. But when I sought them out, a friendly stranger kept me rooted on the shore instead of allowing me to be swept away.” Her gaze drifts out to the sea, feeling within the pit of her stomach echoes of what it was that drove her into the freezing waters that night.

Seeking the answer to the question about whether her healing would save her from drowning.

Now that curiosity has been dulled, she feels no true temptation to take the life of herself and the child growing within her.

“So if you need an ear.” And she tilts her head with another smile - the offer unspoken but, hopefully, obvious.

Agetta

art by millionashes | table by laura

@[lilliana]

Messages In This Thread
    I saw a shooting star late last night - by Agetta - 11-15-2020, 09:51 PM
    RE: I saw a shooting star late last night - by Agetta - 12-08-2020, 07:28 PM