• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[TAKEOVER]  The storm likes to go where it's not invited
    CrownS
    Crowns realizes, suddenly, that he has never mimicked his father beyond the frost-covered scales and the sharp teeth. He supposes he could try to copy his color? His brow furrows and he concentrates until the bay is exchanged for more of the brilliant sapphire blue. Then, he peppers that roaning gold across his body until he supposes he looks enough like his father. When he supposes he looks enough like Varick to get his point across, he turns his gaze back to Leilan and beams up at him, a miniature of his sire.

Oh! Except he doesn’t have wings. That’s just me,” he laughs, realizing his mistake before turning back to Poppy. He watches the lightning arc between the two and he tilts his head slightly. Leilan seems entirely unamused, but there Crowns is thrilled with the display.

Popinjay says she does not want to be stopped and so he obliges her. But she does want to see a trick, which leaves him wondering just what kind of display he would like to show them. Something exciting to match theirs, certainly? Crowns sheds his disguise, the gold dripping from his back like melting ice to reveal the bay splashes once more.

Okay! What kind of trick do you want to see? I can make fire, or be a snake, or make spooky things. And teleport!” he explains, delighted that he remembered the word Rosemary taught him. It does not occur to him to add changing colors to his repertoire now.
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.
    @[Leilan]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: The storm likes to go where it's not invited - by crowns - 11-28-2020, 12:01 AM