• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello

I got extra feelings

Time passed. Slowly or quickly, Yanhua couldn’t be sure which - but it passed. This was the closest he and Amarine have been in months, yet it felt so natural. Almost like they hadn’t been apart at all. Yanhua thinks it very fitting that after so many cases of Ama supporting him, now his chance to return the favor has come, and what does it yield him? Something grand and wonderful, unexpected and breathtaking. Without so much a word, the butterfly mare conceived a pair of twins and Yanhua looked down on them with eyes as bright as his hair, indescribably happy. “Our foals.” He breathed in rapture of them, not a doubt in his mind concerning their lineage.

One foal, a black filly with a white marking covering her rump and hair as brightly shaded as her dam’s, and her twin brother - a chestnut colt pied-over with beautiful, irregular patches of color. His ears hung alongside his face and her rump seemed too-bright, too-white. Both were equally charming and unique, and both resembled Yanhua strongly. Amarine had worked her beauty and color into them both, which Yanhua was silently (infinitely) grateful for.

The little family made quick work of standing and getting to the business of nursing, and Yanhua shook the forest debris from his coat and did his best to nod out the moss clinging to one of his horns. He met Amarine’s appreciative stare with a proud look of his own and a handsome, lopsided smile to match.

“Part luck, part emotional distress.” He answered her brightly, too happy to be anything but. Those echoes were always the loudest and always the clearest, which he thought might be due to how recently they were created and how intensely emotional the sender was in the moment. Emotions like Amarine’s had led him to many stray horses here in Taiga, and vice versa had led a few horses to him as well. But she knew that already. “I was headed North to see you anyways…” He admitted, switching his attention equally between the bejeweled mare and their newborns.

Gently, he approached them.
    With his nose outstretched, Yanhua went to rub the bright white blanket covering his daughter’s rump and for his efforts, received a surprised baby kick which he laughed off. His beard must’ve tickled her rump, but the second time he went in for a polite little stroke the filly didn’t resist. Satisfied, he withdrew and let her eat in peace, choosing instead to raise his head like a giraffe so he could peer over Ama’s side toward the colt. Ah, they were stunning. To think she’d carried them all the way down here on her own, and intended to go through the process by herself! He lowered his head and turned his cheek, eyeing Amarine with renewed affection.

“This is it, then? We’re parents now.” He chuckled in starry-eyed disbelief. “Does this mean you’ll stay? At least for a little while?” Yanhua pressed in a quieter tone.
    PERSONALITY | HISTORY | REFERENCES

@[Amarine]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: I don't know why you say goodbye, I say hello - by Yanhua - 11-19-2020, 11:07 PM