• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just deliver me truth; gale
    BREACH

I'd bare you my heart, if I knew that it still was there
    I'm too nervous to look, too afraid to close the book

She does not have to wait long to be greeted—only a few minutes, which she uses as a chance to catch her breath. By the time that he walks up to her, her breathing has slowed, nostrils no longer needing to flare so widely to steady herself, and she is able to offer him a genuine smile—the kind that she had been able to offer more readily in her youth, but still looks genuine on her mouth. Her dual-colored eyes light up as she studies him, taking in all of the details that make him so unique, nearly alien.

By the time she returns to his own eyes, there is no short of genuine curiosity.

“Curiosity, mostly,” she answers with a crooked tilt of her mouth, settling in the sand—taking stock of the way that it shifts beneath her. “I am indeed thirsty though,” she takes note of how dry her mouth feels and wonders at how it can feel such when the rest of her remains absolutely soaked from her swim.

Content to take him up on the offer, she steps forward.

“My name is Breach,” she offers companionably, nodding forward and trusting that he would lead her to the stream that he had mentioned just a moment ago. “I’m from Hyaline.” It sounded strange to say it that way and an expression quickly flickers across her face—something of the wrongness, as if she had bitten into something sour or distasteful. “At least that is where the pack currently is.” Not that she had any true desire to uproot them from the kingdom—not after she fought so hard for it—but it felt like a betrayal of her mother’s original vision to not at least leave the option open for them to roam to other places.

Shaking off the reminder of her responsibilities, she trains her attention on him again.

“i’ve never been to one of the islands before. It was further than I expected.”

so take all the wind from my lungs if you're out of air
    just deliver me truth, deliver me you

Messages In This Thread
    just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-22-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-24-2020, 08:11 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-25-2020, 12:25 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-25-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-01-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-02-2020, 09:40 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-23-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-27-2020, 04:41 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-30-2020, 02:49 PM