• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just deliver me truth; gale
    Gale
    run away with me--
    lost souls and reverie

running wild and running free

Gale had thought her truthful when she named curiosity as her reason for coming to Islandres. He’d not missed that it was mostly the reason, but for all his natural curiosity, the pegasus has never felt comfortable looking for information that is not readily available from a stranger.

He has seen some things even in their short conversation – equine faces, tall mountains, animal transmogrification – that hover most strongly in her mind’s eye. A bright-faced mare with the same feline shape as his brother’s son. By coincidence alone, she wears a single blaze of the same iridescent blue that he wears across his entire body in a shade far closer to nightfall. She looks a little like Breach, Gale thinks, and nods with percipience when she explains that the pack is her family. A pack of skinwalkers, he recalls, confirmation of mountainfolk exclusivity that before had been nothing but rumors over an evening dragonfire.

The pegasus had believed her here for only for curiosity before, but his blue gaze sharpens with a sudden intensity, pinning the visitor to his home with a careful scrutiny, as though he might see something deeper behind the silver-and-blue of her discrepant eyes. He is quiet long enough to give her time to reconsider the request for his company. He has ventured away from the island far more of late, and his recent encounters with Oceane and Midsommar have made him think more about things like take overs and leaders and other things that might spill over from the mainland if he is not ever-wary.

And so wary he remains, but not entirely untrusting. Breach has still not given him a reason to doubt she is here to see Islandres, after all, and Gale does enjoy watching newcomers see his home for the first time. He is sure he is strong enough to keep his home safe, even from the leader of a pack of shifters, but his own curiosity has been piqued, and emerges when he finally breaks eye contact and asks: “So was it wings or fins that brought you from the mainland?” Being fond of his own avian companion, Gale is inclined to think it must have been wings. Does she take the shape of an eagle, he wonders, or perhaps she is dragon-kind?

He listens for her answer with turning navy ears, even as he looks north, and then west.

“I’ll show you the Whale first,” he decides, and begins to walk in the direction of the wooden sign.

@[breach]

Messages In This Thread
    just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-22-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-24-2020, 08:11 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-25-2020, 12:25 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-25-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-01-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-02-2020, 09:40 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-23-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-27-2020, 04:41 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-30-2020, 02:49 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-30-2020, 08:37 PM