• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  just deliver me truth; gale
    Gale
    this is going to break me clean in two --
    this is going to bring me close to you

That had not been an outright ‘No’, Gale thinks, and he glances curiously between her bicolored eyes. Hyaline is simply where the Pack lives, she had told him. Now she tells him more, unexpected admissions that add to the many layers of the blue gold mare, and leave him frowning in thought as she shakes her head. Gale interprets that as a clear ending to that part of their conversation, though he does not take his gaze from her as she answers his query about coloration.

He watches her instead, like he watches phenomena he finds curious, and so he notices the way Breach softens when she mentioned Mazikeen. Gale suspects that the two of them are close, dearer than their formal titles might imply. He does not think of this long, because she’s shifting to a bird almost exactly like the one he had imagined moments ago. Can she read his mind, he wonders? When she shifts back to her equine shape, Gale decides he will question her about that, thinking it a rather useful trait for a leader to possess. He’d not felt the tickle of foreign magic though, and the possibility that she had chosen a hawk by happenstance remains. 

He'd been going to ask her a question, but he forgets what it had been as he watches her shift back, shaking out her snowy mane as she does. He watches where it settles against her iridescent neck, and how that blends into her gleaming shoulder and then he follows the arch of her neck back to her face. There, he realizes that they have both gone a rather long time without talking.

Gale smiles, though not quite with chagrin, because he remains convinced there is no harm in looking (why else would he have been gifted with these eyes, if not to take in all the detail of the world around him?)

The brindle stallion knows that he had meant to ask her something, but that train of thought has been entirely derailed. Rather than speak immediately, he looks past her, toward where the distant peak of Tephra rises over the waves. “Perhaps you need a vacation,” he finally suggests. “Time to decide what you want.” He’d enjoyed his own vacation, even if he’s never really left since arriving nearly a decade past.

@[Breach]

Messages In This Thread
    just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-22-2020, 03:10 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-24-2020, 08:11 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 11-25-2020, 12:25 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 11-25-2020, 11:46 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-01-2020, 01:26 AM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-02-2020, 09:40 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-23-2020, 07:50 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-27-2020, 04:41 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by breach - 12-30-2020, 02:49 PM
    RE: just deliver me truth; gale - by Gale - 12-30-2020, 08:37 PM