• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  what's a king to a god; pangea residents

for so long had my teeth held my tongue from a venomous voice
    but the poison has passed from my lips to my hands, an incendiary point

She heals slowly.

So slowly.

She knows it will come back—the leg, at least—and that she will not faint entirely from the loss of blood. She knows that she won’t come undone by this latest injury and she will rise again in the morning whole, but it is difficult to feel like the Alpha when she stands here, weak and dazed, trembling from the pain.

Yadigar is there, on her peripheral, but she barely sees him.

She doesn’t see the others who arrive either.

They are ghosts and the only thing she truly sees is the dark god before them. The one who takes their sacrifices and then spins them into something different, something more. The one who bleeds them into the land and then pulls it back into something whole again. Who brings Pangea back from the shadow of the Chamber that had attempted, for just a moment of time, to displace it entirely.

When he is done, she takes a moment, shaking.

She looks around at the group of them, setting her jaw and holding back the keening cry that would rise in her. The scream that would tear her throat if she would let it—the darkness that would overtake her.

“We need a leader here,” she nearly demands it, knowing Carnage is the one who should be saying it.

“Who would step forward to lead Pangea?”

though ritual pyre sending smoke to the sky as the building continues to burn
    though rapt in the ruin, the pain in the grave, is lies you leave tied to the earth

Messages In This Thread
    RE: what's a king to a god; pangea residents - by breach - 12-23-2020, 08:04 PM