• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

before the truth could set you free
    CrownS
    He’s riding a new high since Rosebay showed him what it was like to rap his knuckles against death’s door. The fever had, in truth, felt worse, but it lacked the sense of dread that the foxglove had given him as he convulsed on the ground. But even that had finally left him unscathed once he rose from the cloud of confusion. His magic merely swiped the toxins from his blood and made his body whole once more. It would something much greater than that to end his short little life.

And something much greater seemed to rear its head in Pangea after the fires had gone out.

Crowns wanted to investigate and answer that siren call of chaos, but he remained in Tephra with his family. The ripple of that strangeness felt like something much larger than himself - larger than Eight or Isilya, even. But the world goes quiet once more.

He peeks out of the den and ensures that his parents are gone teaching the twins to swim or hunt. Then, he blinks himself to the Cove. It seems close enough to the strange goings-on for him to observe but far enough that he feels safe here. The boy gets a strange feeling that perhaps that unusual magic in Pangea couldn’t see him as well here. He wonders if Rosemary would know something about it?

The thought is enough to stir him onward in search of her. He lifts his head and calls her name as he trots along the pristine sands of the shoreline When he finally spots her with her hellcat in tow, he grins warmly and approaches.

Rosemary! I’m glad you’re safe. I noticed all sorts of commotion in the neighboring area,” he explains, bumping her cheek gently with his nose.
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.

@[rosemary]

Messages In This Thread
    before the truth could set you free - by crowns - 11-22-2020, 09:55 PM