• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

before the truth could set you free
    CrownS
    He has often wondered how his family felt when they watched Tephra burn to ash. They won’t speak of it, but the lava flows tell the story and he has seen the ghosts that haunt them. Good lives were lost and the world was darker for it. But their fire in Pangea felt different, and it was especially strange, what came after. Even Crowns doesn’t want to delve beneath the surface and find the greedy hands that ripped the raven queen away from them.

Rosemary seems worried, as she should be, and so he curls himself against her side with his wing draped over her. He cradles her close to him and rests his chin on top of her head. “Whatever it was, it’s far away now. Maybe not forever, but for a while,” he assures her in a gentle murmur. “You should stay here. That place feels all wrong and not in the exciting way.” He thinks of the dread the foxgloves had given him, and how the darkness in Pangea felt much deeper than that.

Perhaps he could distract her for a while to keep her thoughts from drifting to her concerns. He releases her from his embrace and he turns himself to face her. It isn’t very often that he gets to play with children his age, or at least not children who enjoy games. This is what he likes about Rosemary the most. She is eager for adventure in whatever shape it takes.

Should we go somewhere fun? Name anywhere, and I’ll go with you!” he offers with a grin. Whether they walk or fly or swim, he doesn’t mind. Anything to get her far from that strange place.
    you got me on my knees; i'm your one-man cult.

@[rosemary]

Messages In This Thread
    before the truth could set you free - by crowns - 11-22-2020, 09:55 PM
    RE: before the truth could set you free - by crowns - 11-23-2020, 11:01 PM