• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  someone whose eyes are on the horizon

Aestas would understand her aunt’s pull toward the wild. She would understand the need to travel and explore—to roam until all corners of the wild earth have been uncovered. It was something that her own mother had not fully understand nor explored. For as rich as her mother’s story had been, she had never sought out the adventure so much as it had been thrust upon her. Aestas would prefer the opposite.

Her eyes glint though in unbridled joy as her conversation with her cousin, unbeknownst to her, continues, the ease with which they fall into comradery something that the sunburst-girl takes for granted. “I would love to come,” she says eagerly. “I love nothing more than our very own beaches in Tephra. I would love nothing more than to discover new ones.” She smiles, almost wistful, as she imagines what it would be like to simply travel her entire life from beach to beach, sunset to sunset.

Drawn back to the conversation, her eyes focus once more. “What is an Erne?”

She’s never heard of one before and, like all things that she doesn’t know, she finds that she has an immense appetite to learn and know more. The conversation pivots though and she does not bother to stop it. She merely turns to the next topic with equal enthusiasm. “It is wonderful,” her dual-colored eyes shine as she thinks of it. “Tropical and warm and bursting with the most brilliantly colored wildlife you have ever seen.” Her smile widens. “My mother was once Queen but that was long before I was ever born.”

That doesn’t stop her from daydreaming about it though—never quite believing the stories that her parents tell her, watered down as they may be, about Leliana’s reign. Of what had happened when the magic had found and transformed her. Of the wars that had happened. “She prefers to stick to her gardens these days though along with my father and all of my siblings.” So many that she can hardly count, but they do not all live within Tephra these days—although she wishes that they would stay. 

so you should get on board with someone whose course is steadier than mine
    you should get on board with someone whose eyes are on the horizon, not on the skies

Messages In This Thread
    someone whose eyes are on the horizon - by aestas - 11-23-2020, 02:15 AM
    RE: someone whose eyes are on the horizon - by aestas - 01-01-2021, 06:01 PM