• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  someone whose eyes are on the horizon

She smiles at the invitation, completely unaware that the other girl was tentative or unsure about how to broach the conversation. Aestas had never known what it was like to be truly self-conscious. She barreled through life with the protective barrier of her certainty in it and in herself. She was constantly and completely unaware of the fact that there are others who may not take kindly to her or that she may not be welcome. It was blissful, this lack of knowledge or awareness. This bubble that she lived in so carefree.

“That sounds perfect!” she smiles, head tipping to the side as she considers for a moment. “My mom could always open a portal for us if it’s not low tide.” A shrug, as careless with her mother’s magic as she was with her former title. She’d grown up her entire life with Leliana as a magician. Listening to Adna or Sabbath’s story of Leliana when she was just a healer felt as fake as the fables Vulgaris would tell.

Perhaps the cushion of that protection was part of the reason for her endless confidence.

Or perhaps it was simply who Aestas was.

Regardless, she listens with rapt attention at the story of Erne. Grinning at the idea of him. “I want a companion!” she exclaims. “That sounds so cool.” Attention sliding to the shadows that grow long by their sides, she studies them for a moment. “Are you doing that?” She steps away for a second, nose down on the ground, as if she could sniff at the darkness that stretches before them. “How neat!”

Prompted into action, and always just a little interested in showing off, she begins to toy with the heat around them. Her face grows slightly more serious as she concentrates, first making it cooler and then beginning to warm it again—being careful to not make it overly warm. Not everyone loved the humidity of the Tephran jungle as much as she. After several moments, she lets go of it with an exhale, laughing as she catches her breath. “I can’t do it for very long yet,” another grin, “but give me another year!”

She walks back from the shadows toward the other girl, ears perking again. “It’s wonderful to have such a big family. I think I have…” her voice trails off as she counts, “13 brothers and sisters?”

Her head tilts again.

“Is that a lot? I never know.”

so you should get on board with someone whose course is steadier than mine
    you should get on board with someone whose eyes are on the horizon, not on the skies

Messages In This Thread
    someone whose eyes are on the horizon - by aestas - 11-23-2020, 02:15 AM
    RE: someone whose eyes are on the horizon - by aestas - 01-16-2021, 04:40 PM