• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  someone whose eyes are on the horizon

"A portal?" I ask because I had heard about such methods of travel but those who had such abilities were highly gifted in our world... they were often Magicians and I have yet to meet one. There are rumors of the former queen of Tephra but there is so much I have yet to learn and my world has mostly been compromised of starlight and darkness up until now.

@[aestas] is bringing whole new colors into my world and my silver-blue eyes widen at these thoughts, of the things she is speaking of.

Life on Islandres is so often quiet and this cloud-colored girl is making me wonder at how much I have missed, of all the things that occur here on the mainland. Perhaps my wandering will become more common; perhaps this meeting will inspire me to interact with others because this single one has already opened my mind to a world of possibilities. Ones that seem as infinite as the galaxies in the heavens.

One that made up a world where a Magician's daughter sees magic as something that comes as easily as the tides.

It's almost breath-taking, the realization of how rich their world is. It lifts the corners of my blue lips in another small smile and I wonder what her mother must be like, if she has traces of the sky on her skin as mine does or if Magic gives her another scent entirely - one that doesn't belong to this realm.

"I've never seen anything like it," I gush as we speak of Gale and Erne. The pair has always seemed wildly exciting to me, though Aestas is showing me that there is much I still need to see. She compliments my shadows and I even manage to play with ours, making our shapes long and then short. I lengthen our legs and shorten our necks before emerging them together to make a mass of shadow that takes the shape of a cloud that floats above us.

(This feels rather impressive to me and I lift my head a little proudly because this is the most I've ever with my gift. It doesn't last long, given that it is day and the sun is blazing.)

Her heat is welcome and I watch her carefully, studying her expression as she focuses on her craft. We seem like a contradiction, I think. The girl who walks with shadows and the girl marked by the sun. But I find that I don't mind.

"Is it?" I ask her with a playful tilt of my head, "It's perhaps not quite as many as the stars but it's certainly more than one."

Messages In This Thread
    someone whose eyes are on the horizon - by aestas - 11-23-2020, 02:15 AM
    RE: someone whose eyes are on the horizon - by Islay - 01-22-2021, 01:10 PM