• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are the wild ones // Jassal pony
    i was alone, falling free, trying my best not to forget.
    A deer - that’s what her horns reminded him of. It had been so long since he took one’s shape that he’d forgotten what they looked like all together. Spirit remembers disguising himself as a young buck and running with various herds who wouldn’t chase him off. They never asked questions or spoke to him. They just ran, and grazed, and slept. He liked how quiet their lives were.

He hasn’t run with the deer since his mother fell ill.

And that’s all he’ll call it: an illness. Spirit doesn’t even allow himself to consider she may never wake. He just tells her body goodnight and asks his father when he’ll go to bed. Eventually, he always says, but he’s there each dawn with reddened eyes and thinning ribs.

He pushes the thoughts down and brings his green eyes back to Laia when she gives her name. It’s a lovely name, he thinks, but he doesn’t know Tephra beyond the word itself. Spirit gently shakes his head when she poses a question of her own and he offers a faint smile.

No, I live in Hyaline, with my family. I just like to get a break from the mountains,” he says, and it’s a lie. He loves the mountains and the lake. Hyaline is where he finally learned to swim and lead his first hunt. It’s where Breach died and arose a queen. The kingdom has only been good to them, guarding Sochi’s body and keeping them safe.

What is Tephra like? It’s got a volcano, doesn't it?” he asks with a hint of wonder to his gaze now. He’s never seen one up close, but he imagines they’re impressive.
    @[Laia]

Messages In This Thread
    We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 09:01 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 10:27 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by spirit - 11-23-2020, 10:45 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 11:25 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-30-2020, 09:54 PM