• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

We are the wild ones // Jassal pony
    i was alone, falling free, trying my best not to forget.
    He watches her, his wild eyes carefully noting the momentary lapse in her smile and he wonders if his own facade cracked somewhere. But he keeps his secrets safe and forces a brighter smile across his features to make up for it. Perhaps she will think he was only lost in thought for a fleeting second rather than a man who has lost his way. She speaks of the plague and he remembers the story his parents told him when he was very small. His mother, the unsung hero. Sochi used to hold him close and she told him how afraid she was, and how she completed her journey anyway. He always drew strength from those stories.

You should come visit it, then. The mountains are painted red and orange in the autumn,” he says, and his smile is a bit more genuine this time around.

She speaks of her home, then - the good and the bad, but every word is spoken with love. He considers what it might be like to soar over their jungle and their volcano as a buzzard. Maybe he could prowl the shadows as a leopard and not even look out of place.

Alright then, you give me a tour of your Tephra and I’ll show you around Hyaline. It seems like a fair trade, right?” he offers, shifting his weight as he watches her closely for any sign of her expression faltering again. He surprises himself at how easily conversation comes back to him and how attentive he still is to details. Spirit doesn’t share anything he’s noticed of her, though, and his eyes do no betray whatever thoughts lurk inside his head. He merely observes as she smells the wildflowers and lifts her head once more.

If you could live anywhere, where would you go?” he asks suddenly, tilting his head.
    @[Laia]

Messages In This Thread
    We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 09:01 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 10:27 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-23-2020, 11:25 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by spirit - 11-27-2020, 10:43 PM
    RE: We are the wild ones // Jassal pony - by Laia - 11-30-2020, 09:54 PM