• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

i just need everyone, ghaulbies?
    Cirilla remembers the last words she heard each of her siblings throw in her direction, and they haunt her in Nerine.

“If those burns don’t heal, you know where to find me.”

Asphyxea, after the dragonfire had engulfed her gentler sister. Cirilla has never had the wild streak that her siblings seem to nurture, but they were borne of fire and scales.

“Come home. Father misses you.”

Virgil. Sweet, wild Virgil. She now knows that Ghaul only missed her because she is gentle and kind, like their mother. She was loyal to her family before she abandoned Pangea, and she didn’t question authority. She had idolized the monster who sought only to destroy the world, not truly understanding what Ghaul meant to do until Yadigar had lain it all at her feet. It is still a bitter pill to swallow.

“I’m so sorry. I’m here now…”

Only he wasn’t. He had vanished from her side as swiftly as he had found her, and he hasn’t come looking for her since. It tears at Cirilla’s heart, not knowing why he hasn’t come back. He had just disappeared that day, leaving her sobbing and in pain, so much pain.

She had disappeared deep within Nerine that day, not even daring to go back to her grieving mother’s side. Clarissa had felt the world shift with Ghaul’s death, and Cirilla didn’t have the mental stability to try and hold her own mother together.

She doesn’t remember the last time she saw Tarte.

The battle?

She hides within the confines of the forest for close to a year, slowly letting her body and mind heal. She will probably never be considered beautiful again - her blue coat is marred with ugly burns - but her beauty has never meant anything at all to her. The only one that she cares about outside of her family is Tarte, and even the demon-girl hasn’t come to find her within Nerine.

Once she is well enough, she leaves.

She doesn’t know where she is going until her hooves stop on the border of Pangea, and she is shocked to see the destruction wrought before her eyes. It is as though the kingdom had been torn apart and slapped back together haphazardly, and she frowns as she looks for a familiar face through the devastation. They have to still be here, right?

@[yadigar] @[asphyxea] other ghaulbies welcome too ciri wants to meet her baby siblings!!
    YADIGAR
    there’s a hole in my chest but it’s mine, baby, it’s all i got.
    Yadigar thinks of that day in Nerine less and less as time goes by. Emotions, too, are getting harder to remember. There are moments in which he wonders where Tarte and Cirilla are, but he makes no effort to seek them out. Not while Pangea is still recovering and the children are still so young. Their scales have hardened and they grow more practiced in their hunts with one another each night. He no longer fears they will not come back. Rather, he fears he will not.

He watches the blurs of his brothers and sisters as they lounge in the heat of the midday sun. From atop one of the remaining cliffs, he can see Sepulcher lift his head and rise onto his hooves. Yadigar tracks the shape of him as he slinks toward the border and spreads his terrifying mouth wide. The elder monster spreads his wings and dives off the edge of the cliff into a glide that brings him swiftly between the younger male and the waiting figure.

You have to talk to someone before deciding you can eat them, Sepulcher. I will take one of your teeth every time you make this mistake,” he promises as he folds his wings and turns to the other.

His keen nose recognizes her, even if time has sculpted her into a new shape or added scars to her skin. There is a flickering moment where he wonders if he would be glad to see her if he could still feel anything at all. But he does not dwell. Instead, he turns his head to hide the fresh scars of his latest injury and steps closer to her.

Cirilla,” he says with a slight nod before turning back to the waiting sibling. “This is Sepulcher. He is our brother.

At this, the younger Pangean closes his mouth and lowers his head pensively. Yadigar does not lift his gaze until Cher shifts his weight and takes a half step closer to issue a soft, mournful croon.
    @[Cirilla]