• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  here we are in the heart of the darkness; Briseis
    I need you like a heart needs a beat
    but it's nothing new--

She had never thought herself the type to deserve an everlasting love such as this. Her life before Ether – and even parts of it after him – had been one nightmare after the other, woven together to make the noose that kept her constrained. And it had taken years for it to at last loosen, to free her from it’s grasp. She will never understand how his shadows – the very darkness she had tried to outrun – would turn out to be her savior; the thing to free her rather than further enslave her.

Because when he pulls the darkness closer it feels like an embrace, and nothing like the suffocation that she had been used to. When the cool touch of the shadows crawl close enough to whisper across her skin it feels like an extension of him, and she can do nothing but sigh and lean into his lips that trace down her neck. She responds by shifting herself closer, reveling in the warmth of their love and peace.

“Do you ever miss it?” She asks him, most of the sleep having left her voice but the tone of it remaining soft. “The rest of the world, I mean.” She has lifted her head now, her nose buried under the shadow tendrils of his mane, searching for the strong slope of his neck underneath. “You could go anywhere in the world, but you choose to stay with me,” she says in a quiet kind of wonder, still – even after all of these years – in disbelief that he would choose to anchor himself to her, when he could be anywhere else.

-- briseis.

@[Ether]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: here we are in the heart of the darkness; Briseis - by Briseis - 12-20-2020, 06:59 PM