• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me the sun; svedka
    He dreams of Tephra, too. When all it meant to him was lava flowing through inland grasses and dark ocean waves against an equally dark beach; when he only remembers galloping at break-neck speeds through the tropical forests, his hoof-falls accompanied by the bothered calls of paradise birds and the humidity was his only enemy. He dreams of those days - where Solace was his beacon and everything else was molded by it.

Those days are far behind him. So far, in fact, that recalling those memories are something that rarely even happens. He remembers only black - the time when the lion possessed him, and the time that the dark god took advantage of him and his willingness to please. There are, however, some things that come to his mind that are a light within that darkness - Ilma’s sweet face, Ryatah’s angelic glow, his beautiful daughters. Those things - simple they may be - keep the two-toned stallion from collapsing.

His thoughts are infiltrated by death often. The scar on his shoulder does not easily let him forget. He does not attempt to pretend it was any other way - he had died beneath claw and tooth, scraped into nothingness while the dark god watched. There is ever the darkness of that moment in the stallion’s otherwise bright gaze - darkness that only few would recognize. Only those who have been beyond death and somehow back again.

And when his cerulean gaze falls upon the dark mare, something stirs within him. Something familial, something distant and instinctual, yet foreboding. A likeness that he trembles to discover.

He can feel the sun dipping below the horizon, igniting the world around them in colors of orange and red, and pink. It paints the white of his body in the same molten color as he steps into the water beside her. The movement is casual and almost meaningful; as if he had been planning to step into the pull of the waters long before she arrived. He has never been one to hesitate and even traveling through the afterlife did not change this about him.

“The ocean doesn’t hold any answers for you,” he muses to the dark mare casually, his gaze wavering towards her with a soft glance. “If that is what you’re looking for.”

He does not recognize his half-sister - how could he, in a state such as this? - but he continues to play the part of companion and instant friend, offering her a gentle smile.

@[Wishbone]
    HTML was acting funny, so you get a naked post <3

Messages In This Thread
    show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 11-25-2020, 11:04 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-05-2020, 09:42 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-06-2020, 10:42 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-11-2020, 09:19 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-18-2020, 12:00 AM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-20-2020, 01:07 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-22-2020, 01:40 AM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-29-2020, 08:20 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 01-04-2021, 12:26 AM