• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me the sun; svedka

let my shadows prove the sunshine

She speaks his name and he is sure that he must be seeing a ghost. How else would a stranger know his name? Had he not already died and been brought back to life, Svedka would assume that perhaps she had been a young lover many years ago, swept away with him in the moment and let the heat carry them for a few months before, as he always does, he disappears into nothingness. But no, it is not memories of his youth that comes flashing to the forefront; it is his death and rebirth, and his own wonderings of how this woman knew his name if she had not been there with him in the Beyond.

Thankfully, he does not have to linger on the thought long. Wishbone, he thinks to himself with a grin, so delighted that if he hadn’t stopped himself, he perhaps could have tackled her to the ground. But he restrains himself if but for a moment, tilting his head curiously to look at her with inquisitive blue eyes that idly inspect her up and down. “Hmm,” he muses pensively, stepping forward to take a half-circle of steps around her. “There are a lot of tricksters these days, so-called ‘Wishbone’.” He attempts to be serious and accusing, but he cannot help the sparkling of laughter that twinkles in his eyes.

He halts squarely before the dark mare, pursing his lips. “If you are really who you say you are, tell me one thing only the real Wishbone would know.” Svedka wrinkles his nose at the mare (who he is ninety-nine percent sure really is his half-sister), deciding that having a little innocent fun would be distracting from the quiet world he had become immersed in.

svedka

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 11-25-2020, 11:04 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-05-2020, 09:42 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-06-2020, 10:42 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-11-2020, 09:19 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-18-2020, 12:00 AM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-20-2020, 01:07 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-22-2020, 01:40 AM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-29-2020, 08:20 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 01-04-2021, 12:26 AM