• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

show me the sun; svedka

let my shadows prove the sunshine

The laugh that falls from his pearl-pink lips is perhaps the first one he had heard in quite some time. It felt genuine and bone-deep, resonating in his chest and bringing a warmth to his heart he forgot resides there. It only affirms his belief that he is standing before his younger half-sister, which causes a sparkle to begin to shimmer in the irises of his cerulean eyes. “You’re the only person to ever tell me that, you know.” Svedka sneers but it is obviously fake, it’s maliciousness lost in the laughter of his gentle voice and the gleam in his eyes. “I still think you’re just making that up.” The overo stallion snorts as Wishbone (but not quite Wishbone) uses her dark and slender foreleg to splash him, his brows rising accusingly. His forehead furrows, pawing at the water with the pale white of his foreleg, returning the sparkling but warm droplets of water towards her.

“And you’d just watch it happen, wouldn’t you?” Svedka jokes, ceasing to paw vigorously and letting the water settle once he deemed her damp enough. The duo quickly fall silent though and while his smile still remains on his lips, his face is softer and more serious as he glances up and down her face - she is familiar yet extremely different and he wonders if he appears the same to her, with the scarring on his shoulder that stretches to his neck. It is still healing, pink and gnarled, and obvious that it was from a predator of some kind. He allows others to believe this (because it is true) and rarely mentions where or how it took place. It was much easier to let them believe that a random mountain lion had attacked him than the strange, terrifying truth.

Dad helped bring me back.

It is not so much that he is aware of where ‘back’ is, but more so that Wishbone mentions their father being there. He does not hide his surprise and concern (which is out of place on his handsome face), shaking his head confusedly. “I...he,” Svedka stutters, at a loss for words at such an emotional statement. “I didn’t see him there.” But he also hadn’t seen Wishbone either, and the thought causes his golden ears to fall sadly into the tangles of his blue and white mane. The air is heavy, filled with unknowns and terrible possibilities, and Svedka sudden feels weak.

“Dad is alive,” he whispers, but there is a waver in his voice that would never have been there before - a tremble that, despite having returned, reveals that he cannot trust the truth. With a quick glance towards her, Svedka silently prays she doesn't ask him how he had returned - for father hadn't been there to rescue him.

No one had, but Carnage himself.

svedka

@[Wishbone]

Messages In This Thread
    show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 11-25-2020, 11:04 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-05-2020, 09:42 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-06-2020, 10:42 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-11-2020, 09:19 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-18-2020, 12:00 AM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-20-2020, 01:07 PM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Wishbone - 12-22-2020, 01:40 AM
    RE: show me the sun; svedka - by Svedka - 12-29-2020, 08:20 PM