• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[PQ - in progress] i don't remember what we had anymore
    Though there is little concrete evidence I can find of their existence, the stories all agree that if there are gods here, that they are most likely to be living on the Mountain.

I had found one, a dark god, but he had given me nothing that a mortal man could not, leaving me distracted but ultimately without what I had been seeking.

To the Mountain it is then, to find these powerful creatures who reign over a world that is far fuller of devilry and magic than the wild stories of my childhood had prepared me for.

Short, strong legs carry me up the mountain, the rough rock faces no match for my dense hooves and determination. I do fall a few times, once even landing heavily on my left wing, but I do not need a wing to climb, and I pull it in close with a huff before resuming my ascent. When I can climb no further, and the air has grown so cold that I nearly forget that spring is heavy on the flatlands I have left behind, I stop.

The world falls away beside me, blurred by clouds, and I take a deep breath and call out.

“Hello?”

I wait, hearing only the absence of an echo against the stone, and try again.

“I’m not here to ask for anything,” she says, her voice no louder than conversational. If something can live at this altitude, surely it can hear over the wind. “I just want to know that you’re there. That there’s something more up here than fairy tales and legends.”

(ooc: if successful, could her “proof” be a quest that will result in getting a pair of horns to prove to her that the fairies are real? Thanks!)
    She does not come, but there is her voice. It is something, anyway, if not quite proof. But seeing does not always lead to believing. Believing requires something deeper than just sight, a thing so easily tricked away. "You see proof of something you do not see, and yet, there are many things in this life we do not seek but believe in anyway. Go and find one such thing and return to me with what you learn."

You have received a quest. Go find one thing that you believe in but don't see (i.e. emotions like love or whatever; have fun with it) and come back and tell Wysteria about it.