• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[private]  it's just my soul responding, savior
    He could not have dreamt them up, even if he’d tried.
    Rare, Worship.
    Casimira.

He thinks often of the day they’d met, how he’d introduced himself and she’d smiled at him then, said, ‘we’ll see’. He’d felt the same warmth then that he feels now, as she moves to stand beside him, close enough that he can feel her ribcage swell as she draws in a breath. (It seems silly to still delight in such simple things as the brush of her barrel against his when they had gone so far as to create the two children in front of them, but it still accelerates his pulse to have her stand so close).

He lets loose a quiet laugh at her teasing opposition and a lopsided smile remains long after the sound has faded. Because there is no reason not to be happy, there is no reason not to smile.

Until she mentions that she’d never known her father, which hits him like a kick between the ribs. The smile does not disappear all at once but in stages. Slipping first in the corners and then slowly erasing itself from the curve of his mouth altogether. But he does not interject, does not offer his heartfelt apology, just listens and thinks quietly of how much it means that she has shared this with him.

He shifts his focus from the children to her face then and is surprised to find her already looking at him. He steadily meets her gaze, though his heart spasms with the implications of her words. His pulse accelerates at the thought of them living here, together. There is a certain gravity, though, that stops his face from splitting around that same warm smile.

Instead, he reaches out to touch her cheek, huffing out a soft breath. “Of course I don’t mind,” he says, drawing his mouth away again. “Nothing would make me happier.” And he means it.

He pauses then, just briefly. “I would go to Hyaline with you if I could,” he tells her and he means this, too, “but my magic works only so long as I call Tephra home.” He has heard rumors of what Breach has turned Hyaline into, a haven for shifters, but he is only a shifter so long as he stays in Tephra.

SAVIOR
    you remind me who i was and who i want to be
    you remind me that though not whole, i'm not empty

@[Casimira]

Messages In This Thread
    RE: it's just my soul responding, savior - by savior - 12-30-2020, 04:44 PM