• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i will not speak of your sin

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

As the dunskin stallion pivots to face her, their eyes connecting, Oceane's hopeful mood is dampened with a sudden, inexplicable wave of anger. It causes her to clench her blunted teeth tightly together, to slap her lavender tail with brief irritation against the muscle of her flank. And though it is fleeting, ebbing away nearly as swiftly as it had arrived, the heat lingers in her chest just long enough to respond defensively to the stranger before her.

“She doesn't cease to be your mother just because she's dead.”

Her tone is whetted, but as her voice fades so does the remainder of her anger. And there she stands, suddenly empty in her chest where the roiling had been moments before. Oceane clears her throat and pulls her lips into a slight frown as her gilded eyes connect with Tiercel again.

“I'm sorry,” Oceane says a bit quieter, “that was insensitive of me. I'm unsure where it came from.” She searches his face as her apology lingers between them, hopeful that she and her greeting have not thrust him out of the foothills. Nearly seven years have come and gone since she had arrived in Loess, and never had she come across the navy-striped man who stands before her now. Curious if there is something that had kept him away, but blatantly aware of the intrusiveness of this thought, she bites her tongue.

“Did you come searching for something?” she asks, finding a stronger voice again after a few moments, her ears fluttering towards him as she waits hopeful and expectant.

@[Tiercel]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 11-29-2020, 05:45 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Oceane - 12-05-2020, 08:25 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 12-05-2020, 11:23 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Oceane - 12-12-2020, 11:24 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 12-18-2020, 04:45 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Oceane - 01-02-2021, 09:44 AM