• Logout
  • Beqanna

COTY

Assailant -- Year 226

QOTY

"But the dream, the echo, slips from him as quickly as he had found it and as consciousness comes to him (a slap and not the gentle waves of oceanic tides), it dissolves entirely. His muscles relax as the cold claims him again, as the numbness sets in, and when his grey eyes open, there’s nothing but the faint after burn of a dream often trod and never remembered." --Brigade, written by Laura

[open]  i will not speak of your sin

a little white light in a
    sea gone black

Tiercel's anger seems to abate just as swiftly as Oceane's, though where hers becomes regret for the way she'd lashed out at him, his becomes a molten combination of sadness and softness. She knows instantly that she has done it again ─ spilled the news of a familial death without a gentle preface, without knowing that her words could be the ones to change someone's life. The Loessian Queen curses herself silently, keeping her tongue bitten until finally the son of Lepis before her finds his words again.

I didn't know she died.

Oceane frowns and with an uncomfortable shift of her weight offers him another apology ─ this one is softer, the same way she had apologized to Gale the day she'd told him the very same news. At least today she is able to keep her own sorrow at bay. It has been a long while now since Lepis had died for her Kingdom, and though the sadness still rises with the strength of a tidal wave on occasion, Oceane is able, at least, to keep her eyes dry these days.

The mention of Gale's death reels her back to the conversation immediately. It leaves a cluster of unspoken words at the back of her throat, words she wants to blurt out to undo the hurt she may have caused with the news of Lepis, but would it be fair of her to change his life so drastically in one day?

She finds that she is thankful when he answers her question, moving the conversation away from Lepis and Gale for a short time. And then, again, he puts his hoof on a topic that could only be ingrained with sadness and pain.

“Wolfbane is gone, too,” she says quietly, after a short hesitation, “He died when Lepis did. In the fires that burned Loess.” Her golden eyes move beyond the dunskin stallion to the foothills behind him, regarding the aftermath momentarily before her gaze returns to Tiercel. “You are most certainly welcome to remain in Loess if that is what you wish to do. But I do recommend a visit to Islandres before you settle in too comfortably. You might find what you're looking for there.” If she can't tell him directly about Gale, at least she can point him in the man's direction.

@[Tiercel]
    “”

n | r
    i must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
    and all i ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by

Messages In This Thread
    i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 11-29-2020, 05:45 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Oceane - 12-05-2020, 08:25 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 12-05-2020, 11:23 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Oceane - 12-12-2020, 11:24 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Tiercel - 12-18-2020, 04:45 PM
    RE: i will not speak of your sin - by Oceane - 01-02-2021, 09:44 AM